Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster clutches no longer making clutches??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Monster clutches no longer making clutches??

Does Monster even make clutches anymore? Im beginning to doubt it, as they have had my money for an 11" for over 6 weeks. I called 2 weeks ago and I was, "3rd in line, and it should ship in a day or 2." I called back this morning... and got the same exact line. So either they are no longer making clutches or im being lied to. I even asked if switching to a different size / type of clutch would help me get one faster... was told no.

So im going to spend my weekend looking for another clutch, and if it doesnt ship next week im afraid im going to have to cancel the order. Any ideas on clutches?

This is absolutely absurd, its bad enough its taking this long... but holding my money interest free really ticks me off. Especially if they have NO CLUE when its going to ship.

/rant

Last edited by xxrillixx; 10-29-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kinda the same thing going on with me right now....

Last I heard (on Tuesday) they were waiting on Flywheels from the machine shop.
The told me it should ship Monday/Tuesday. Just kinda pissed because I ordered it about 3 weeks ago.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Internet Mechanic

I am not a Monster person persay. IMO you always see me vote Textraila so take that for what you will.

What i can say is when production gets halted in a world that works on JIT (Just-In-Time) inventory, sometimes one person in the production chain gets caught up and delayed will chain react down to the seller (i.e. Parts Slinger).

SNL is the sponsor here that seems to be the most up on Monster so PM them, especially if you order through them.

You want to cry about delays, then stop racing. No matter what your dealing with be it engine builders, head porters, fab guys, WHO EVER, they all get delays. Try to order in the off season before the start and you stand a better chance of getting important work done.

Quick Funny Story: From a Mod here. Something to the effect that a guy needed to buy custom pistons from Diamond. He put in for like 5-10 sets or something like that. He is Waiting, Waiting, Waiting..... and he calls up Diamond to bitch (inquire). He gets told that John Force just called and wanted a test batch of 200 sets of pistons. The guy gets all sorts of pissy but then Diamond tells him welp, when you want to order 200 sets from me, I will stop the line and work on your order too.

Meaning, depending what is a priority, someone in the chain of production either cant get the stuff, or someone else needs them more. So you gotta wait, oh well.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:28 PM
FormerVendor

Unfortuneately there are delays in manufacturing that are not avoidable. This is one thing that we were dealing with up until this next batch of flywheels get to us. Unfortuneately you were one of the last people to have to endure this and we apologize for that.

To say we don't make clutches anymore is assinine in many ways, delays are just that, delays.

As far as someone telling you it would ship in a couple of days I'd like to have the name of that employee. There isn't anyone here that answers the phone in sales that would have told you that knowing the existing back order we have with our flywheels. As another person on here stated, we are in fact waiting for our flywheels from the machine shop, as soon as they get here your order will be sent express and you'll recieve it the following day.

If you have any further questions you can call me at the shop, my name is Steve and I'm the owner of Monster Clutch Co.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
I am not a Monster person persay. IMO you always see me vote Textraila so take that for what you will.

What i can say is when production gets halted in a world that works on JIT (Just-In-Time) inventory, sometimes one person in the production chain gets caught up and delayed will chain react down to the seller (i.e. Parts Slinger).

SNL is the sponsor here that seems to be the most up on Monster so PM them, especially if you order through them.

You want to cry about delays, then stop racing. No matter what your dealing with be it engine builders, head porters, fab guys, WHO EVER, they all get delays. Try to order in the off season before the start and you stand a better chance of getting important work done.

Quick Funny Story: From a Mod here. Something to the effect that a guy needed to buy custom pistons from Diamond. He put in for like 5-10 sets or something like that. He is Waiting, Waiting, Waiting..... and he calls up Diamond to bitch (inquire). He gets told that John Force just called and wanted a test batch of 200 sets of pistons. The guy gets all sorts of pissy but then Diamond tells him welp, when you want to order 200 sets from me, I will stop the line and work on your order too.

Meaning, depending what is a priority, someone in the chain of production either cant get the stuff, or someone else needs them more. So you gotta wait, oh well.
I appreciate shedding some light with this response. Just an fyi, SNL Performance and Monster Clutch Co. are owned by me, we log on here as SNL Performance just because I didn't want to go through the hassle of having the names changed.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
I appreciate shedding some light with this response. Just an fyi, SNL Performance and Monster Clutch Co. are owned by me, we log on here as SNL Performance just because I didn't want to go through the hassle of having the names changed.
I hear you and like I was going to say but I forgot to mention. To think a company is out of biz is a little crazy. I always say is contact them via Phone or PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

its worth the wait.

I ordered mine way back in the middle of september and just got it in this week, and actually fedex misplaced it and it was STILL two days late. but ive got it in now and im happy i waited, looks like a very sold piece and install was great. very happy i went with monster/tick package.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xxrillixx
Does Monster even make clutches anymore? Im beginning to doubt it, as they have had my money for an 11" for over 6 weeks. I called 2 weeks ago and I was, "3rd in line, and it should ship in a day or 2."
You should go down there and hit them with your purse...
Old 10-29-2010, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
its worth the wait.

I ordered mine way back in the middle of september and just got it in this week, and actually fedex misplaced it and it was STILL two days late. but ive got it in now and im happy i waited, looks like a very sold piece and install was great. very happy i went with monster/tick package.
hell yeah its worth the wait ive got a monster clutch and i swear by them now i love it
Old 10-29-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dont know if its true or not but I called Monster on Wed. and was told if I ordered my stage 5 then with the lightened option instead of the heavier I would have my clutch by end of next week. So maybe there flywheels are close. But with so many pwople waiting it worries me, so I chose to go another route and grabbed a twin. But I do understand just like anything else there can and most of the time will be delays especially the times you need things most..
Old 10-30-2010, 02:44 AM
TECH Addict

Unfortuneately there are delays in manufacturing that are not avoidable. This is one thing that we were dealing with up until this next batch of flywheels get to us.
Is this fly wheel manufacturer the reason your double discs have been delayed? I think I remember reading that a machine shop was what was causing the delays for that.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:42 AM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

cant rush art !
Old 10-30-2010, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

I'm waiting on one myself and my car is down. Need the clutch to back on the street. Been almost a month but they said possible by the end of next week it will be here.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Steve,

Out of curiosity whats going on with the twin disks? I remember someone posting up that supposedly they arent coming out anymore due to clamping problems at high RPMs or something? Could you shed some light on this if you dont mind?

Thanks
Old 10-31-2010, 02:03 PM
11 Second Club

I just put one in a friend's GTO and are waiting to see the end result. Definately looks cool.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
its worth the wait.

lol same thing happened to me. Its worth the wait fellas. Just be patient...been there....
Old 10-31-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black02SLPSS
Hey Steve,

Out of curiosity whats going on with the twin disks? I remember someone posting up that supposedly they arent coming out anymore due to clamping problems at high RPMs or something? Could you shed some light on this if you dont mind?

Thanks
I've been harvesting for the last month so I'm a little behind but word on Tech was Monster canceled their 11" and 12" twins and are now getting ready to make 7.25" twins and triples.

I'm also interested in a twin/triple update.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:19 AM
FormerVendor

Hey guys, I own the machine shop that makes the flywheels for Monster.
Were working 16 hours a day trying to get caught up. That's why I'm posting at midnight .
We will be finishing up another big batch of flywheels this week for Monster.
These flywheels take a little time to make and were cranking them out as fast as we can.
A Monster clutch kit is well worth the wait.

Thanks
Chris @ Gforce
Old 11-03-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Any idea when it can be expected to ship? Or do I need find an old clutch to put in this thing so i can move it?

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
True, everyone gets delays... but usually they have an idea of when they will be done. Hell, I've had custom clutches built faster. Im not asking for anything unusual... Just giving me an ETA would have solved the problem. If its not going to be done till next year, fine just let me know so I can make accomodations.

I apologise for the rant, Its just extremely disconcerting walking past the car everyday when all she needs is a clutch... and its keeping me from being able to work on my race car. So infact ive got 2 cars down waiting for this one clutch.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

I was at the machine shop today, and can attest that they are in fact cranking them out. I have also had Monster clutches in my car for the past 2 years, and can attest to the fact that they are bad *** and worth the weight.

Quick Reply: Monster clutches no longer making clutches??