Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Master or slave cylinder shot?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Master or slave cylinder shot?

Well I was hoping it was just a fluid change and bleed issue. What is happening is it goes in fine, but on release it isn't sticking, but almost doesn't exist at all, more like only comes out an inch and the pedal comes back up top, but there is no in between, it just violently re-engages the clutch?

Should I try bleeding it again, or is something just worn out here? Maybe a seal is going or something? Kinda frustrating that the stock one to my knowledge lasted approx. 12 years, but its replacement has only served me approx. 5 years.

Need opinions on this issue, once again its not a sticking issue, pedal will come back up, but with no feeling, like it is fully released barely off the floor.

Also anyone reading this, who has the best price on a new master/slave? Pretty much going to search local now to see if anyone has one.

Edit: More info. This issue more or less developed over night. It felt weird only once last week one time while disengaging the clutch. It has been fine until this morning, when this issue appeared.

Looks like Rock Auto has SACHS P/N SPH002 for $116. So it won't sting too horribly to replace it if its shot, just have to wait on the shipping

Need opinions! The sooner the better, like if people know for a fact it is toast and I should place my order. Still don't understand how a GM piece lasted half as long as the original GM piece, if this thing is shot.

Last edited by camar0corey; 11-05-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

24 views, no input?

Well it was bled well today, I just placed a order with Rock Auto. Hopefully the Sachs part is good.

Do any sponsors sell the lt1 clutch hydraulics? Honestly lately on this site it seems no one wants to input on troubleshooting and then linkage to parts. I'd love to put money in the hands of people who keep this site running..... I just don't understand.

Last edited by camar0corey; 11-05-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any feedback on the part? Im faced with the same issue and need to get it fixed to last for some time...
Old 04-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Good luck finding any information here... it seems as tho nobody know nothing in this forum. Its a real bummer.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

What do you guys expect??? This is ls1tech..

It sounds to me like you could have a bad MC or Slave. Either part could cause the problem. However, I dont know much about LT1 cars.. Just stabbing in the dark
Old 04-20-2011, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jpn8801
Good luck finding any information here... it seems as tho nobody know nothing in this forum. Its a real bummer.
Punctuation and grammar included.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:21 AM
Teching In

Whatever make you feel good sweetheart

Quick Reply: Master or slave cylinder shot?