Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ok guys I need some advice on what to do.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Ok guys I need some advice on what to do.

I am buying a faceplated transmission from a guy on here and it is an LT1 transmission and I have an LS1. I found out that you have to change the input shaft, front plate and bellhousing to get it to work on my LS1.

He said his uncle has a mechanic shop and "thinks he could change the input shaft out no problem". This would still leave me replacing the front plate and bellhousing. I dont know if I trust his uncle. I have a feeling he would just slam it together and not worry about it because he would feel that it wasnt his problem.

I have a regular ole T56 in my car right now that I could rob parts off of but if I did that then no one would buy a halfway put together T56 from me so I would lose money.

I have 3 options which would you do?

A) Rob the parts off of my T56 and just pay labor to get it swapped over into the other trans.

B) Buy the parts to get it converted, send it to a reputable company and sell my trans to get some of that spent money back.

C) Let his uncle put the input shaft in it and swap the front plate from my trans.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the long post im just kinda stuck here and looking for opinions.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Faceplating will have to be done to the input you put in to match the one you remove.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...lated-t56.html

see the thread above and you will see the input and the welded on faceplate lugs.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I am gonna send it to Jeremy at RPMtransmission and let him take care of it. That way I know it will be done right and they can give it a good look over. Im just gonna have to bite the bullet on this one. I can sell my transmission and try to make some of that money back.

Quick Reply: Ok guys I need some advice on what to do.