Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone know anything bout monster clutches?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know anything bout monster clutches?

Guys im havin some serious problems. I just installed a level 3 monster clutch prem. package new evrything! Tick master and quik time bell. I got evrything in and all torqued to speck. Now im havin some high pitched vibrations and what sounds like a cricket in there til I push the peddle in WTF! The trans is starting to whine and it sounds like I have a torque converter in there! My trans is leakin from the rear out put seal so I gota change that tmrw but that cant be whats makin the clutch run and feel like ****. Maybe faulty slave or throwout? Maybe faulty pilot guys im at my limit with this spent almost 2gs on this set up and its sukin ***** any input please!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Steve, he will help you try to figure it out. Did it all go together fine,, When you push the clutch in can you put it in gear, is it hard, that will let you know if the clutch is disengaging, which will help you know if your slave is working,, I have a level 4 with the tick, and have no problems, there was some chatter when I was breaking it in but it installed fine. It could be the throwout,, You may have to pull it all back out and have a look,
Old 04-07-2011, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

I know on the pilot bearing I dented the face up a bit hitting it in with a socket, and when I put the slave on the thin tube piece that comes off over the output shaft was loose so I got it as strait with the shaft as possible. Now I used all three pressure plate pins that go in the flywheel did you guys? Ive tried bleeding it and adjusting the master nothing. It whines pretty bad til I push in the clutch. Dam guess ima rip it all apart again see whats what FML!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Yes sir evrything whent together good got it alighned and torqued perfectly as far as flywheel,clutch and pressure plate. Getin it in to gear sometimes first and reverse are tuffer than other times ive got 90 miles on it so far im gunna put it on stands and mess with the master. But when I do go to put it in 1st or reverse it whines louder or when I down shift it whines.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the reply RARON455
Old 04-07-2011, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Ok just noticed something im not shure if theres diffrent types of ls1 fbody slaves but the one I took off is way diffrent then the one I put on. The one I took off the T/B is way diffrent its a hole assembly and the new one it was just a bearing ring I snapped on. Does that make sense? The shaft the spring and throw out sit on doesnt move at all on the old one but when I installed the new one that shaft was movin around! I had to adjust the new one to sit center on the input shaft of the tranny is that normal?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

Make sure the master cylinder rod has been greased. I forgot to grease mine when I first put it in and after awhile I heard crickets every time I pushed in the clutch. All fixed now

This pertains to the Tick MC
Old 04-08-2011, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Ya I diddnt grease it either but il shoot some in there see if it helps thanks man.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Man i cant get a peddle for nothin now. I bleed this tick some more and now I cant get a peddle and will not go into gear. The chirpin cricket stoped so I guess its the master but im stil getn rattling stall torque converter noises under here. Its weird when I depress the peddle I can hear air escaping under there. I quite thanks to all that replied but im sellin these cars there not worth the trouble bein in the garage more than on the street hate to say it but im gunna get an 04 cobra.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give us a call and we'll go over a few things. I'd rather talk on the phone as it's a bit hard to make out what you're typing.

817-750-2000

Quick Reply: Anyone know anything bout monster clutches?