Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

for those Canadians buying MGW shifters..

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 06:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default for those Canadians buying MGW shifters..

Got mine yesterday. Quality looks fantastic.

Shiiping to Canada? Came to 80 dollars in the end.

EIGHTY DOLLARS.

Got dinged with 40 dollars brokerage at the border.

For those in the states - we love to buy your stuff - but our governments make it bloody damn expensive.

I also ordered a gripper shift **** - I'm afraid to see if I get hit with brokerage fees again!! I tried to order it at the same time, but I had a hard time communuicating the order.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Teching In

What portion of that was taxes though (I'm not familiar with the product cost)? And who did you ship by?

I've recently had 2 orders come up from the states. One from Jegs, to the tune of $2500. "Shipping" shows being $322 on my invoice, but of that $240 is taxes, $47 for brokerage and $20 for oversize freight. Really not that bad, you can't hide from taxes.

I also had $300 worth of paint equipment come up from the US, shipped via USPS. I paid $30 upon pickup, which was again taxes.

It seems from my experience that either shipping by USPS or having pre-arranged duty and brokerage is the way to go.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

The shipping was 50 dollars. The Brokerage was almost 40 dollars. I rounded down for the sake of the post

This is strictly shipping! Yikes.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Teching In

When i buy stuff from the USA i try to make them ship via USPS AIR MAIL and i usualy dont pay custom fee's.
UPS and FEDEX pay the (CUSTOM FEE ) for you and then charge you double!!!!!! I am sure that this is a way to steal use!!!
Anyway USPS AIR MAIL is the best!!!