Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

any body here pro with the t56 if you can figure this one out your a t56 god lol

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've had good luck with RAM clutches and I powershift the **** out of everything. But I'd say most on here would tell you Monster or Diamond. When my RAMs finally shoot their wads I'm gonna go to one of the other two just to try something different.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice VandykeT/A what kind of mods do you have? Thanks for the recommendations
Old 07-05-2011, 01:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've got a powergrip HD in my Trans am its got PRC 215 heads and a MS4. Its got about 15k on it and no problems. But the majority of those miles were just with bolt ons. In the camaro I've got just a powergrip and its just bolt ons but its been powershifted more times than i could count and it still chirps 4th at about 80.(around 12k) The only thing I can say about them is they had just a little clutch chatter at first but after some miles not so much. I can't complain with there service but the other two you see more people running. I had a spec in my camaro when I bought it and it was suppose to have only had like 4k on it or so and it didn't last 2k miles and I never powershifted it or anything. Maybe only spint it two or three times tops and it gave it up. Another option could be a LS7 clutch. I've never used one personally but a guy i know with a GTO has used one and he likes it pretty well.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Launching!

Nice nice those heads must of made a nice difference in performance, im thinking of getting the diamonds clutch they have good deals! So the clutch that i got from spec suppose to handle 900 torque i believe lol its the stage 3+ but my camaro only has about 600+ and it only lasted 20,000 miles lol and i never power shifted or burned out lol
Old 07-06-2011, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running a spec 3 for the past 5yrs without a problem until here lately. It's slipping a tad, but keep in mind it's 5yrs old with 30k or more on it with countless 6k-6500 launch's on it and I'm one of thousands so you cant blame the clutch brother.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Launching!

True that blue98z well im going to give them a call tomorrow see what they say because the sucker grabs awsome but just not disengaging maybe the pp took a poop
Old 07-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Launching!

Well deffinently figured out the problem, it was the clutch only 20,000 miles and a spring popped out and the pads are all gone down to bare metal, i never really ran the car hard never burned out never power shifted, ran it in the highway a couple times at the most in 4th gear never had to shift the race was over quick, well time to say up and buy a better clutch "spec"..... Disappointing
Old 07-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Old 07-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Launching!

BARE METAL after almost 20,000 miles?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL it actually ended up being the clutch. It's a spec 3+ right? I've never been a fan of full disks. The pucks are more of a pain on the street, but my 3 took everything I threw at it including hot lapping at the track. I'm anxious to see the wear pattern on mine. Spec said they would shave some off the price since I'll be a repeat customer. I've heard great things about their twin from a buddy of mine but for my power level at the moment I think it'll be a waste of clutch til I put my stroker in next year. Good luck to ya and hope you have better luck with your next clutch or atleast more than 20k miles.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Default yup

i always thought the pucks where better!, ima look up the twin thnx, and yes it is the spec 3+ lol, the car also chewed up a RAM clutch lol, im gonna need that luck bro thanks! im looking into diamonds clutches, nice your going with a stroker! what kinda stroke you going with?

Originally Posted by blue98Z
LOL it actually ended up being the clutch. It's a spec 3+ right? I've never been a fan of full disks. The pucks are more of a pain on the street, but my 3 took everything I threw at it including hot lapping at the track. I'm anxious to see the wear pattern on mine. Spec said they would shave some off the price since I'll be a repeat customer. I've heard great things about their twin from a buddy of mine but for my power level at the moment I think it'll be a waste of clutch til I put my stroker in next year. Good luck to ya and hope you have better luck with your next clutch or atleast more than 20k miles.

Quick Reply: any body here pro with the t56 if you can figure this one out your a t56 god lol