Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

First Impressions of My Spec Stage 3i

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default First Impressions of My Spec Stage 3i

Well the install was hell. To make a long story short it would be nice if Spec would include a little note saying you need to remove the replacement throw out bearing from the pressure plate as they ship it that way. I didn't recogzine what the stupid f'n thing and didn't realize it until the trans wouldn't go int because the slave was ramming up against the TO bearing I had under the pressure plate The billet steel flywheel is an awesome looking piece compared to the stock junk, glad I bought that,too.

ok, so when i was done being a fucktard the car was out and about for like 100 miles of break in with this crazy warm weather we had here this weekend

Clutch only chatters when I try to move the car slowly, as long as I take off with a moderate amount of speed its very smooth. I haven't beat on it but you can tell this thing grabs. Chattering seems to be going away the more I drive it. Shifts are very smooth and positive feeling, car just jumps and pulls hard out of each gear, i like it. Downshifts/engine braking it grabs hard, car just slows down almost like i had my foot on the brake. all the bullshit i had with that junk centerforce are gone. man i wish i hadn't gotten that thing in the trade i did for my th400 setup, oh well.

Will hopefully see soon how this stage 3i holds up to 6500 rpm sidestep dumps and brutal shifting on a slick when i can get to the track

so far so good, its what they claim..VERY streetable( have stock master, non adjustable) and grabs nicely.
Old 02-29-2004, 11:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome man. I have a centerforce now and I really like that clutch. I guess I was one of the lucky ones as it didnt chatter and seems to grab nicely although I don't do the upper rpm launches yet. Maybe then the clutch will go lol. I have the clutch off now and after 2k miles it hardly looks wore. I did have an adjustable master though so maybe that is what helped. What kind of issues were you having with your clutch and what power lvl were you at?
Old 03-01-2004, 08:53 AM
Launching!

just istalled my spec as well and am liking it. it grabs real good ande i know what you mean about trying to take off slow. I had to back up today for a good distance.. reverse is a bugger in this clutch if you have to go slow.
S
Old 03-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike K
the centerforce was just a pile of ****. it was slipping like mad right from the get go. after the first track pass it wouldn't take gears, wouldnt' even go into gear with teh car sitting still if it was running.

you got VERY lucky, very few have had good luck with those damn things.

i dont even understand how centeforce can market that junk. my car should be well over 400 rear wheel to answer that Q about the power.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:23 PM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

I agree with ghost centerforce = junk.....no offense I had all sorts of problems with it ......opted to go with a turbo and changed to the spec IIIi awesome clutch.......

just my .02 cents....

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Mike K
the centerforce was just a pile of ****. it was slipping like mad right from the get go. after the first track pass it wouldn't take gears, wouldnt' even go into gear with teh car sitting still if it was running.

you got VERY lucky, very few have had good luck with those damn things.

i dont even understand how centeforce can market that junk. my car should be well over 400 rear wheel to answer that Q about the power.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

Yea thats my opinion on a centerforce too (pile of ****) thing lasted only a few thousand miles! Junk!!! Now on my spec st.3 and love it! Recommend it to anyobdy

Quick Reply: First Impressions of My Spec Stage 3i