Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP! Can't remove the clutch slave

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP! Can't remove the clutch slave

I need to remove the clutch slave from the stainless steel line that attaches it. I can move the top part in about 1/4" but I cannot get it off the clutch slave. From what I've read, there is some white piece of plastic on this. I cannot see any white piece of plastic. Can somebody please help me with this.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me like you have a similar issue as my car. The white plastic sleeve is probably already pushed in and muffed up real bad. The sleeve opens fingers inside the slave when it is pushed in. You have to replicate this, and the way i do it is by using a small flathead screwdriver. I keep tension on the line by pulling it away from the slave, then work the screwdriver around.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nebulus
Sounds to me like you have a similar issue as my car. The white plastic sleeve is probably already pushed in and muffed up real bad. The sleeve opens fingers inside the slave when it is pushed in. You have to replicate this, and the way i do it is by using a small flathead screwdriver. I keep tension on the line by pulling it away from the slave, then work the screwdriver around.

I don't even see anything white. At the end of the fitting, the tube from the slave slides into what looks like a stainless steel opening which is inside the gold outer fitting.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Teching In

The gold looking thing slides into the slave and releases the lock so you can pull it out.The line itself does not come out by itself.It can be a pita to get out but using the proper tool will slide it in evenly and make things alot easier.You could use I think 17mm wrench,the open end and tap it around lightly until it slides into the slave, this will work but be very careful you dont break it off.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok, I watched a video on you tube about this. I see what this white thing is. Its a release piece that pushes down in the other cylinder to release the latch. However, there is just one problem. On this disconnect, there is no white thing. The top piece just slides right into the bottom piece. There is a very very very thin area around the top piece that you may be able to get a piece of plastic or really really thin sheet metal down there. I just don't know how I'm going to get this thing apart. Should I just pull the pin on the slave that holds the tube in place? I've read that that could be an option. Thanks

Quick Reply: HELP! Can't remove the clutch slave