Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch makes a grinding noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch makes a grinding noise

Last summer I put a Monster Stage 2 clutch in the car and it worked great. Recently though the car has started to make a grinding kind of noise when you take off in first gear and sometimes in reverse. It sounds almost like two rocks being rubbed over the top of one another.

I remember reading about people having an issue I thought was the same and did it was suggested to do some tire roasting. Have burnt off quite a bit of tire and it seems that it makes no change at all with it. Clutch maybe has 7k miles on it with a cam in the car so pretty sure it isn't worn out.

I have a Tick master and was wondering if it could possibly be the cylinder isn't adjusted correctly and maybe not giving enough pressure to the clutch. Could this possibly be the real issue or is there something possibly messed up with the clutch itself?
Old 09-22-2011, 06:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Level you bought a year ago is of a Kevlar material and isn't going to glaze like a ceramic Level 3. If you have an adjustable master cylinder in the car, you definitely need to make sure it is still adjusted properly as to ensure it's not prematurely wearing the clutch out. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Chris, 817-750-2000
Old 09-23-2011, 01:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your entire hydraulic system and all connection points for leaks, then put a fresh bleed on your system and re-adjust our kit following the procedure in our instructions. Report back with results.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will bleed the system and try it again and go form there. Hopefully haven't caused any damage. Will let you guys know, thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: Clutch makes a grinding noise