Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch issues and car shaking??

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 09:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Clutch issues and car shaking??

I installed a new clutch pressure plate and slave cylinder about 3,000 miles ago. Everything worked great and then driving home one day and clutch just stopped working completely. There was no pressure on the clutch at all and the fluid was completely full. Went out a few days later to start up the car... it was fine. Now the car has alot of violent shaking especially in reverse and first gear at low speeds. Also noticed that it felt like the clutch slipped a couple times very short and sudden driving at highway speeds yesterday. Also when i installed the new clutch after bleeding the lines i had to put a baseball bat between the pedal and the seat and let it sit overnight to get any pressure to build up? Any help or people with the same issues??
Old 10-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Launching!

sounds like a throwout bearing/release bearing.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:38 AM
FormerVendor

Whether you are losing fluid or not, you seem to indicate that you are having an issue maintaining fluid pressure. You could have an internal leak, that is allowing the fluid to pass the seals inside the slave or master, without seing massive fluid loss. Unfortunately there isn't really a way to detect an internal leak so you may need to replace the slave and master to remedy this.

The Master is easiest to replace because it it located on the firewall. The slave on the otherhand will require the transmission to be removed for replacement. Let me know if you need to order a slave or master as we have them on the shelf and they are very reasonably priced. Thanks!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:00 AM
12 Second Club

My car is doing something similar to this, I'm planning on replacing the slave (hoping that's what is wrong because I already have the tick master).
Old 10-05-2011, 12:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it all the sudden started chattering/slipping and the pedal felt funny, I'd be inclined to think it is the slave leaking and the fluid is contaminating the disc. Either way I'd pull it apart asap to figure out what's going on exactly, so it doesn't ruin the clutch.

Quick Reply: Clutch issues and car shaking??