Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Trans rebuild / new selection help

Old 10-02-2011, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans rebuild / new selection help

Hey guys, recently purchased a 00' TA LS1 6m, it is my first LS1 car and I love it. However, the previous owner didn't take as much care of the car as I do and as a result I'm stuck with destroyed synchros in 3rd and 4th, and the clutch seems sticky especially when it gets hot.

Seems like the clutch may not be the clutch plate itself but maybe the slave cyl. Because it holds once it is engaged. but extremely sluggish and inconsistent when engaging.

Was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas for a budget minded transmission rebuild place, and aftermarket clutch / slave setup (or cable clutch?)

what's best to go with? I'd like to keep everyday drive-ability, but also be able to withstand around 450hp at the crank (the goal for the build).

Any input is very appreciated, thanks very much hahaha
Old 10-02-2011, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tick Performance is highly regarded for the trans rebuilds. They are a sponsor here and are definitely worth a call. I believe they had their base package on a special just recently that was a little under $1K including shipping. That is obviously gonna up the power handling of the t56 as well. here is the link to the package:

Tick level 1 rebuild

For the clutch, I love my monster. I can't speak to other brands as this is the one i put in when i did my t56 swap and its the only one I've had, but their level 1 or 2 would be what i would look into for you.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good stuff I'll check it out, thanks a lot
Old 10-04-2011, 02:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for keeping us in mind, RedRallyeZ! We do a ton of T56 Rebuilds and also sell clutches and our famous Tick Performance Adjustable Master Cylinder Kit.

For your build, I'd definitely suggest our Level 1 T56 Rebuild: http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...build-450rwtq/

...and our Tick/Monster COMPLETE Clutch Swap Package that comes with everything you need to replace/upgrade when doing a clutch (at a discounted price since you're buying it all together.) I suggest Level 1 for your setup: http://www.tickperformance.com/ls1-f...-swap-package/

Please feel free to call or PM me with any questions you may have!

Search this Thread