Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

2000 Z/28 T-56 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Z/28 T-56 Swap

im interested in doing the A4 to M6 swap i have a pretty good idea on what i need for the whole swap and i have read countless threads but each one has different parts listed. i would like to know what all the required things are. im new to this site so any information would help thank you.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

M6 to a4 swap thread

This sticky thread will take you home. ITs pretty much all i had when i started and it helped me greatly. IT seems like there is alot, but trust me, when you think about the hour or so it may take you to read all of that, its nothing in the grand scheme of how long the swap will take. I did it over the course of about a month, but at the time, it wasn't my daily driver, and i collected parts as my budget allowed. If i had all the parts and tools in front of me, and the experience of doing the swap, i could do it in a weekend easily.

I bookmarked most of the helpful threads, so here you go.

Another thread that may help is this:
A4 removal
The removal of the auto was the most time consuming part for me, that and the wiring.

This is a writeup that doesn't cover a lot a lot of the details, but the pictures help a good bit anyway.
m6 to a4 writeup

another writeup, this one more detailed, its for lt1, but still good.
a4 to m6 writeup 2

Pics from a guy on here that did it,
swap pics

GM high tech article on the swap
GM high tech

another members swap, great wiring tech
the merv's swap

parts list-for whats its worth, i think they severely overestimate the cost. i spent $1500 less
parts list

Last edited by RedRallyeZ; 10-11-2011 at 10:40 AM.