Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Slippage?? Please Help??

Old 10-20-2011, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Slippage?? Please Help??

So i bought a 95 Z M6 with 200k miles on it.....its not a dd its a prohect car top to bottom....but the guy told me he just replaced the clutch...probably the bottom line Auto Zone though....It feels like you have to go out 90% to dissengage the clutch..... Which would have concerned me except when I replaced the factory clutch in my first M6 it fealt the same......What concerned me is when I was grabbing gears at 5800rpms and didnt let off the gas and when I let the clutch out It was still redlining like the clutch was slipping.........Adjustment??? or Bad clutch?? I am working on a LQ4/9 drop in in the next year but I wanted to get as much out of this clutch as I can. before I get a race style clutch..... Keep in mind this is not a DD and will see little to no track time............Thanks for the help guys....
Old 10-21-2011, 10:09 AM
FormerVendor

You mention slippage but also indicate that the engagement point is very low. I would check for any evidence of a hydraulic leak as a starting point (this would cause low engagement and if the disc had fluid on it slippage would also result). See if the hydraulic fluid in the reservoir is low, dark, cloudy or discolored. If the level is good but the color is off then the system needs to be flushed and refilled. Air in the system that occurs as a result of boiling the fluid can easily cause the engagement point to be low (flushing and refilling will help this). Check these things and let us know what you find. Then, we can proceed as needed. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
You mention slippage but also indicate that the engagement point is very low. I would check for any evidence of a hydraulic leak as a starting point (this would cause low engagement and if the disc had fluid on it slippage would also result). See if the hydraulic fluid in the reservoir is low, dark, cloudy or discolored. If the level is good but the color is off then the system needs to be flushed and refilled. Air in the system that occurs as a result of boiling the fluid can easily cause the engagement point to be low (flushing and refilling will help this). Check these things and let us know what you find. Then, we can proceed as needed. Thanks!
Sounds Good! Thanks a bunch!!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:35 AM
FormerVendor

No problem at all! Have a good weekend!

Search this Thread