Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Replacing my slave cylinder, should i replace my clutch/flywheel?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Replacing my slave cylinder, should i replace my clutch/flywheel?

So I need to replace my slave cylinder and kinda want to replace the clutch while i have the transmission out. Its an LS6 clutch with about 50,000 miles. It has never given me any problems and had great feel before the slave went out. With 50k miles on the clutch, I am considering replacing it just as preventative maintenance. The only clutch i would consider upgrading to would be an LS7, don't need or want an expensive monster or spec... just wondering if i can replace the clutch disk and pressure plate and keep my flywheel, or if the ls7 clutch/pressure plate can be used with my ls6 flywheel?
Old 10-28-2011, 01:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll need to swap the flywheel to use the LS7 Pressure Plate & Disc.

The Monster Level 1 is a much better clutch for not that much more money. The flywheel is SFI Certified versus the LS7 flywheel being cast, and the Monster is warrantied for a year whereas the LS7 is not: http://www.tickperformance.com/produ...3A-450%29.html

To help offset the cost further, you can include a GM-style slave cylinder for $70 extra (versus $140 for a labeled GM unit) by upgrading to the premium package during checkout.

Quick Reply: Replacing my slave cylinder, should i replace my clutch/flywheel?