Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Replaced slave, no pedal pressure

Old 11-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced slave, no pedal pressure

Hey guys. I had an issue where after the car sits for a week, would get a spongy pedal and can barley get it in gear. I took my motor out to do some work on it and noticed that my current slave had a crack in it, so I bought a new one from Tick performance along with their remote bleeder line. I put the motor in and went through 2 containers of brake fluid on my mityvac and still no pedal pressure. I would have expected my problem to improve, not get worse after a new slave. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-07-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What process where you using to bleed the hydraulics.

The way I always do it with the remote clutch bleeders is....
1. Make sure the resivour is full.
2. Hold the remote clutch bleeder line vertically and attach a clear hose to the nipple.
3. Have someone pump the clutch enough for it to build some sort of pressure, if any. Then while holding the clutch in open the valve to release the pressure and close it.
4. Repeat the process.

On a side note...are you sure your master cylinder is good? Are you losing or leak fluid anywhere?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Master cylinder is about a year old and no external leaks.

After letting the car sit for a few days without touching it, the pedal actually gained a little pressure, but not enough to where it should be. Tried pulling a vacuum on the master cylinder as well to get some air out - no improvement. Tried bleeding through the remote line a couple tries and lost all pedal pressure again :\
Old 11-09-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Fairfax County, VA (You know you're here when you see the bad roads)

Originally Posted by Danny
What process where you using to bleed the hydraulics.

The way I always do it with the remote clutch bleeders is....
1. Make sure the resivour is full.
2. Hold the remote clutch bleeder line vertically and attach a clear hose to the nipple.
3. Have someone pump the clutch enough for it to build some sort of pressure, if any. Then while holding the clutch in open the valve to release the pressure and close it.
4. Repeat the process.

On a side note...are you sure your master cylinder is good? Are you losing or leak fluid anywhere?
x2... that really sounds like you have air in the system. bleed the heck out of it and....assuming no leaks....you should be good. Easiest way if you have a friend is to try and gravity bleed....uncap the master, then unscrew the bleeder and fluid should start to flow. Have a friend keep pouring fluid in the master so as to not let more air in the system. then once the bubbles stop close the bleeder first then top of and cap the master. ...or just run through a whole can of fresh dot3 and the seal it up. Good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replaced slave, no pedal pressure