Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

In stalling 6speed(stock) need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In stalling 6speed(stock) need some help.

so i pulled out my six speed trans from a recently acquired 2000 camaro ss.
i have done a lot of work on cars and machinery on the farm but i have very little experience with clutches.(i have some help from friend and father who both have done clutch work in the past numerous times)

Problem is the trans wont line up with bell housing its off by about a 16th of a inch so the pins wont line up, initially i thought well i did not have a clutch alignment tool so i must not have the clutch centered. so i buy a alignment tool and pull the trans back down undo the pressure plate and install the tool tighten up and all is good except i still have the same issue! if i turn the fly wheel it rotates the offset on the trans so instead of it being off on the right its off on the left top or bottom. WHAT IS GOING ON??? I'm sure the clutch is centered unless i'm a complete fool what am i missing idea's thoughts???
Old 01-22-2012, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

Punctuation and grammar are your friends.

Anyway....The plastic alignment tools doen't always do a good job of lining everything up correctly. Try putting the tool back in and lifting a little, then tighten down the bolts.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:18 PM

yea... thats what I did. So maybe i lift a hair too much??? looks really well centered.. but idk so just keep doing this untill it gos in eh? Is this common issue to have to do over and over or is there something wrong?
Old 01-22-2012, 01:32 PM

Found this steel alignment tool on another thread. http://pitstopusa.com/i-5073966-quar...26-spline.html

Does anyone know if this is the correct spline and size for my 2000 camaro?