Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

SPEC clutch questions

Old 02-02-2012, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SPEC clutch questions

I am currently in the process of an A4-M6 swap and i just ordered a spec stage 3+ clutch and just want to say...damn thing is a beaut! Before i fire away, i just want to say im a newb to replacing clutches and whatnot so here we go. I watched the Youtube video on how to measure if you need a shim and they said to remove the spring from the throwout bearing and then i noticed the throwout bearing supplied from spec does not have a spring. Is this something spec should of sent? Or do i have to get one from somewhere such as autozone? Second question-instructions say "clutch disk is marked flywheel side" well one side of the disk has a partial sticker that says EW- and SIDE below it. EW does not in anyway even partially say wheel and that is the only marking that i am seeing. I can upload a pic if wanted...i just need to be enlightened on these things....Thanks in advance!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

I am a dumbass...looked closer and it is F. W- SIDE ...flywheel side. Still wondering about the spring situation....
Old 02-03-2012, 05:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

reuse your original spring on the slave, Running the 2+ with 17lb steel FW, track day it, so far very happy.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by futuref-body
I am currently in the process of an A4-M6 swap and i just ordered a spec stage 3+ clutch and just want to say...damn thing is a beaut! Before i fire away, i just want to say im a newb to replacing clutches and whatnot so here we go. I watched the Youtube video on how to measure if you need a shim and they said to remove the spring from the throwout bearing and then i noticed the throwout bearing supplied from spec does not have a spring. Is this something spec should of sent? Or do i have to get one from somewhere such as autozone? Second question-instructions say "clutch disk is marked flywheel side" well one side of the disk has a partial sticker that says EW- and SIDE below it. EW does not in anyway even partially say wheel and that is the only marking that i am seeing. I can upload a pic if wanted...i just need to be enlightened on these things....Thanks in advance!
Originally Posted by toadzq8
reuse your original spring on the slave, Running the 2+ with 17lb steel FW, track day it, so far very happy.
Alright. Like i said, im doing a swap so i have no original. Now its just a matter of finding one but thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SPEC clutch questions