LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Manual Transmission (https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission-14/)
-   -   Texas Drivetrain Performance Reviews Wanted (https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/1516590-texas-drivetrain-performance-reviews-wanted.html)

indyjax88 02-17-2012 08:25 AM

Texas Drivetrain Performance Reviews Wanted

I'm interested in TDP building a T56 for me but don't personally know anyone running there stuff. Any comments, recommendations, concerns and just opinions are greatly appreciated
thanks

00ws6indubv 02-17-2012 08:39 AM

Jason at TDP is a good guy and very helpful. I dont know about there rebuilds, but I have there Diamond stg 2 clutch kit and absolutely love it. But dont hesitate to call Jason he will talk to you about whatever you need, and will go into great detail, very helpful.

therealcreeper 02-17-2012 10:26 AM

I also have a diamond stage 2 clutch

best customer service out of anything I've ever purchased, never heard a negative thing about anything he has touched

Blwn_by_Twins 02-17-2012 10:36 AM

I'm running his 32 spline triple cone conversion trans in my t/a. Jason is a great guy and his customer service is top notch.

When I got my trans the first time something was wrong with it. Not only did he quickly (as in like 30 sec) tell me he was sending me a shipping label so I could sent it back to make it right, he offered to send me ANOTHER transmission so that I could drive my car. Even though I declined his offer b/c I had another car and didn't want him to have to lose money on shipping me an extra transmission, the fact that he was willing to do that to make things right speaks wonders for his customer service. He got my trans, opened it up, fixed what was wrong, replaced some parts that got damaged, sent it back to me quickly, and didn't charge me 1 cent more.

You'd have to be an idiot to not seriously consider him for your builder. There are lots of good builders don't get me wrong, but I don't think you'll ever hear 1 bad thing about TDP.

strokerrace 02-17-2012 10:41 AM

Without a doubt TDP (Jason) is the most stand up company I have EVER dealt with. I called him numerous times with questions, concerns (nothing concerning his work), etc and he always got back to me or would take the time to talk and answer any questions I may have had. Both before and after my purchases, he doesnt want to just sell you something and then avoid you. Ive had his stage 2 transmission and diamond clutch kit and it has been outstanding.

He even went as far as to send me a new reverse lockout solenoid free of charge when I called him asking if a issue I was having was the solenoid. This was a used solenoid that just started acting up but he shipped me out the part (didnt even ask him to) and I got it the next day. Turned out it was a loose connector and not the solenoid at all.

Sorry for the long post but I challenge you to find a bad review or mishap with his company. I looked before doing buisness with him and could not find a single complaint. You wont be disappointed.

wrd1972 02-17-2012 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by strokerrace (Post 15976717)
Without a doubt TDP (Jason) is the most stand up company I have EVER dealt with. I called him numerous times with questions, concerns (nothing concerning his work), etc and he always got back to me or would take the time to talk and answer any questions I may have had. Both before and after my purchases, he doesnt want to just sell you something and then avoid you.

:werd::werd::werd:
Nothing more I can add. Would do business with again.

nonosvt 02-17-2012 05:07 PM

This is good to hear I sent my trans off last week hope to get it back next week.

k_cash1432 02-17-2012 05:45 PM

Would'nt trust anybody else with my transmission. He helped me convert my M29 T-56 to an LS1 T56 and knew helped me out the whole way. Top notch guy in my books~

Azar_Hawke 02-17-2012 10:35 PM

I'm actually putting my transmission back in my car tomorrow morning, having just gotten it back from Jason tonight.

I was very pleased with the level of service I received, and I stayed connected with him through the entire process. He was very detailed in his explanation of what was wrong with my trans.

I'd recommend him for anyone getting a T-56 rebuild.

Now to get it back in my car.:drive:

indyjax88 02-18-2012 05:38 AM

Wow! thanks everyone! Any of you running a faceplated trans from them?

Azar_Hawke 02-18-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by indyjax88 (Post 15979662)
Wow! thanks everyone! Any of you running a faceplated trans from them?

Nah. Just a Stage 2 build. It's my DD and it doesn't have that kinda power yet.

Blwn_by_Twins 02-18-2012 07:13 AM

No...but liberty does the faceplating for all the builders. If you went that route it would be no different.

OldCobraGuy 02-18-2012 07:42 AM

Wow. What a set of glowing recommendations! Not even one ho hum report. I am bookmarking this guy based on what I just read. I build my own stuff...but I'm sure I can use him for something.

Sc0tt30 02-19-2012 01:37 PM

TDP rebuilt my LT1 T-56 for my F1A build. Jason knows his stuff and will take the time to explain things to you. His prices are pretty reasonable as well. I definitely recommend him.

chrisjeanneret111 02-19-2012 04:04 PM

cutom order

How much would it cost to make it a 4 speed block 5th and 6th , and faceplated?

I'm running formula d this year and running out of options for used transmissions i can rebuild

release2063 02-19-2012 10:07 PM

Tdp

Jason built my t56 for my swap I did an ls1 t56 swap in an 06 crew cab silverado heads cam full bolt ons makes 400 wheel, and he also did my 456 gears and true trac on a Saturday and now I just broke the center out of my clutch like he told me I would so now I'm going to get one of his clutch setups I had an ls7 clutch that made it 30k miles so I'm calling him tomorrow he delivered my tranny to me bc he was heading my way he called and asked if I wanted it at like 6pm Friday and I am very pleased with his knowledge and customer service wish there were more shops like this

indyjax88 02-21-2012 02:04 PM

Well im sold! Tranys gettin pulled this weekend aslong as I dont get forced to work! TDP will bwe gettin a call soon! Ill post my experience on here for all to see! Thanks everyone for all the imput!

armyboyatc 02-21-2012 03:51 PM

Just another good review for TDP. I personally had him build a LS1 Faceplated T56 with every upgrade you could do to it besides a pump. I never got to use it but call Eric at Lashway Motorsports and ask him how its workin out!

CamaroSS27 02-22-2012 09:29 AM

He actually has my car right now lol Call him sooner than later they are always busy

dgcustomz 02-22-2012 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroSS27 (Post 15996394)
He actually has my car right now lol Call him sooner than later they are always busy

Yup! Your car is ready, working excellent! Nice looking car too, I've always loved those hoods.