Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Delayed shifts with all new stuff!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Delayed shifts with all new stuff!

The car has a new tick master, diamond stage 2 clutch, and slave cylinder.

Got past my break-in and raced some friends.

Video evidence of such race (500+whp ported 03 Cobra)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp6BZ...e_gdata_player

Now this run.. WOT shifts 2-3 and 3-4. Clutch grabbed hard and shifted very nice. I was extremely pleased. I did notice the pedal felt a little bit lighter after this pull.

This was the last good pull the car made until it started delaying as the clutch would re engage. I'd make the shift, pop the clutch back out and get on the gas, but the clutch wasn't keeping up with my feet. The car would hit the limiter THEN slam back into gear (definately not slipping).

So obviously after this setup got hot it just didn't like it.

What gives, slave issue? Fluid getting too hot?
Old 04-05-2012, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

Sure it's not a slight slip from over adjusting the tick master? Tried heat wrapping the clutch fluid line, changing out fluid for a better one? I would somewhat feel what you are feeling when I had over adjusting mine a little bit too much.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Regular

Could be.. I'll go through and adjust the master properly. Never did it after the new clutch was installed because everything seemed to shift so nice I just left it like it was with the ls6 clutch.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

Could have the tick adjusted too far out causing the pressure plate to go over center? Maybe?
Old 04-05-2012, 07:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by raven154
Could have the tick adjusted too far out causing the pressure plate to go over center? Maybe?
That is what is making the most sense thusfar to me. I adjusted the master down big time a little while ago. With the car on stands the tires will spin faintly upon putting it in gear, and barely eek foward with the clutch in and revving to 5k or so. It is probably at least an inch lower in its engagement. Wish there was somewhere closer to me to make some pulls to test it out. Pulled the fluid out of the master and put some fresh in, even though it only has a little over 500 miles on it. It was slightly translucent. (Valvoline dot 3/4)

Quick Reply: Delayed shifts with all new stuff!