Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help with T56 Hydraulic system

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with T56 Hydraulic system

So had my trans rebuilt, put in new clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, pilot bearing, slave cylinder, tick master cylinder, and a remote bleeder (Not the tick). I had everything back together Monday night, filled up the clutch reservoir and decided I would bleed it Tuesday. Walk outside Tuesday and clutch fluid is on the ground and reservoir was empty. Leaking between the block and the bellhousing. Pulled the trans back, got another slave just to see, filled it up last night and this morning same thing Now i'm wondering if I pull the trans back enough to see the slave and everything, can I press the clutch pedal and try to see where it's leaking from???? I'm just not sure if I will damage the slave or what. Only thing I can think of is maybe the remote bleeder.

Last edited by White6SpdZ28; 04-11-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Check the speed bleeder to see if that was what was leaking. Where on the old salve you just pulled was it leaking from, if at all?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

I tried to see but honestly couldn't tell. That's why I am also curious to know if I will mess anything up if I slide the trans back about 6 inches and have someone press the clutch to see if I can see where its leaking from or do I risk blowing out the slave cylinder?
Old 04-12-2012, 02:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by White6SpdZ28
I tried to see but honestly couldn't tell. That's why I am also curious to know if I will mess anything up if I slide the trans back about 6 inches and have someone press the clutch to see if I can see where its leaking from or do I risk blowing out the slave cylinder?
probably not a good idea.... What i would do is take everything off again, and try to find exactly where the leak is coming from. Maybe you didnt tighten that speed bleeder line enough, the part that goes into the slave. make sure they are tight.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:35 AM
12 Second Club

Figured it. Remote bleeder was leaking. Put the stock bleeder back on and everything worked great. Luckily mityvac helped with bleeding the clutch
Old 04-14-2012, 12:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Did you have a copper washer between the remote bleeder and the slave? All the remote bleeders I have seen need one because they aren't long enough and don't seat on the flared section machined inside the slave.

Quick Reply: Need help with T56 Hydraulic system