Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Equivilant to LS6 clutch, Tranny rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equivilant to LS6 clutch, Tranny rebuild

On this last leave i managed to royally **** my transmission. first off, racing a 370 nismo TT was not the best of plans, but if it makes you feel better i pulled my mirror to his bumper in 4th. THEN i let out and tried to pull out of gear and it was jammed. after a few frustrated (SCARED SHITLESS) smacks of the shifter it came out. about a week later i was driving regular and then the shifter sticks in 3rd and WONT come out. i called my buddy from RPM transmissions in a panic asking what to do, he said either bang it out and break the fork, or leave it in. out of my cheap *** decision i tried to drive it up on my car hauler with a couple boards but never got it on and managed to burn the **** out of my clutch while at it.
had it towed and once it was loaded the guy put the chains on so i turn the car off and foot off the clutch and he pulls it forward about 3 inches more. i freak but it actually helped me pop the shifter out. since ive been using 1,2,5,6 but need to get it rebuilt and need a clutch.

what kind of hardware should i buy ahead of time so everything goes smooth. im looking forward to a stage 5 build but just want the equivilant to an LS6 clutch or the same