Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Looking for Help With A4- T56 Swap (know anyone)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Help With A4- T56 Swap (know anyone)

I just bought my 02 ws6 A4 a few months ago.. and already regretting not getting a M6.

I have seen the threads of all the swaps, and people that can do it them selves.

But with me living in a 1 bed room 1 bath apartment and a full parking lot, I have no place to let the car sit for weeks while I try and figure it out.. lets not forget no tools.

I live in Norther Va, and was hoping someone knew someone who could help me with a shop, or parts, or whatever.

Let me know.. thanks

Old 04-29-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best advice I could give you is sell it and get an M6. At this point, with only a few months having the car, you are likely not as personally attached to it as you will be down the road. The only reason I did my swap was because I had a personal attachment to the car (had put a ton of work into it already), the engine was practically brand new, and I already had a built A4 that someone would want to trade straight up for their T56. If you don't have a built trans, you will be putting some cash on top of a trade, or you will need to buy a swap outright, which is expensive. You will come out ahead financially if you sell your car and buy an M6, IMO.

That being said, there are shops who will do the swap if you are willing to drive and/or pay the $$.

Quick Reply: Looking for Help With A4- T56 Swap (know anyone)