Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick MC adjustment PICS inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tick MC adjustment PICS inside

Just got my setup back together, put exactly 54 easy miles on it. I have the LS7 clutch kit, Tick MC, new slave cylinder, the trans was rebuilt with all new seals, bearings, synchros, etc, steel shift forks, and bronze shift pads. My question is I'm lost when it comes to adjusting the MC. The directions don't really help my situation. Yesterday when I took it on the first drive, the clutch grabbed almost instantly off of the floor, drove it some more, then parked it for the night.

This morning I went out and played with the MC some (pics below are where it sits as of now). Now it seems like its letting out at the very top. I stalled it twice in town today (yes, I'm more then experienced driving stick) because it just grabs out of no where near the top, I'd like it to start grabbing quarter to halfway out. Just wondering if there's a certain "sweetspot" where I can set it and forget it.

Below are pics of the pedal in relation to the other two, and the MC adjustment, sorry if you can't see the top of it.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

MC adjustment does not change engagement point, it only changes the pedal height.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spartan7
MC adjustment does not change engagement point, it only changes the pedal height.
I understand that I'm just wondering where I should put the pedal.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even with the brake pedal...
Old 08-20-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Even with the brake pedal is a good position, but it depends on where your clutch is fully disengaged. Just past that point is where your pedal should stop, so adjust it accordingly. The less travel the better.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with the new ls7 clutch it tends to grab super quickly. that what happened to my ls7 clutch. put some miles on the clutch and the engagment point will higher.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spartan7
Even with the brake pedal is a good position, but it depends on where your clutch is fully disengaged. Just past that point is where your pedal should stop, so adjust it accordingly. The less travel the better.
Ok well I adjusted it so that it's level with the brake. And it seems to be right, about 1/2 way up is where it begins to grab, then 3/4 its fully engaged, then it stops just after that. Just want to make sure thats ok so I don't do any damage
Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 PM
12 Second Club

keep us posted. the ls7 clutch is a self adjusting clutch, and where the clutch grabs will be higher as it is broken in
Old 08-23-2012, 10:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is important to make sure our kit is properly bled and adjusted for optimal function of the entire system.

Since you increase the amount of fluid the system flows by setting the clutch pedal higher, adjustment should begin from the shortest setting possible. The pedal will appear to be about halfway down when compared to its location with the factory cylinder installed. Adjust the turnbuckle in 1-2 turn increments to lengthen the rod (be sure that the rod coming out of the master cylinder itself isn’t spinning). After each adjustment, start the car in neutral and attempt to shift into first gear. If it doesn’t go into gear smoothly, don’t force it (you’ll risk damaging your transmission’s fork pads and/or synchronizers). Simply continue to lengthen the rod until the transmission will slide into first gear smoothly while stopped. At this point, test drive the car to fine tune the adjustment to get the necessary release for higher RPM shifting. DO NOT OVERADJUST THE ROD, or adjust it based on pedal height. If you adjust it to position the pedal at the factory height, you risk over-extending (thus damaging) the pressure plate.

You want to set your kit to flow just enough fluid – not too much, not too little. Correctly installed and bled, you will notice a pedal that is shorter and slightly more firm than it was with the factory master cylinder.

The LS7 Clutch is not alone - as ANY clutch breaks in, the amount of fluid that it needs in order to fully disengage may increase. This is common. Readjustment of our kit is easy and should be done periodically to ensure that you're always disengaging your clutch 100%.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:42 AM
TECH Regular

mine engages just off the floor,monster stage 2 . my adjustment is when i shift to reverse i shifts smoothly with no grind. i have no reverse solinoid and no reverse synocros so i have to be at a dead stop for reverse to engage. sort of a fail safe.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

people are really bad at reading instructions

Quick Reply: Tick MC adjustment PICS inside