Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Sticking clutch pedal

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticking clutch pedal

For the last few month's my car has been exhibiting a clutch pedal related issue.

I can drive the car normally all day every day and the clutch pedal works the way it should. If I accelerate heavily, for example, if I downshift from 5th to 3rd and let go of the clutch it grabs perfect, and if I hold it out til redline, the clutch disengages fine, grab the next gear, let go of the clutch, now it's close to the floor. If I continue on, and go to grab 5th, it's difficult to get the car in to the next gear.

The physical RPMS don't matter, if I get on it hard in 3rd at 1200 RPMS and take it to 3000, it will exhibit the same behavior. I'm really at a loss and don't know where to start. After it stays low, I can bring it back up with my foot and pump it a couple times and it will work great until I put a load on it again.

The clutch does not slip, and I am not losing any fluid.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like you have either a failing slave cylinder, or some really dirty clutch fluid. i would bleed the clutch till it comes out clean and see if that fixes your issue
Old 10-02-2013, 09:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the fluid, as noted by Trans, is it dark or discolored? If so, then I suggest a good flush and refill (which will replace the old fluid and eliminate air from the system). Let us know if this helps. If it doesn't then you will need to consider replacing the slave/master cylinders.

Quick Reply: Sticking clutch pedal