Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pedal still feels a bit mushy

Old 01-05-2014, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pedal still feels a bit mushy

So I have a Tick MC installed, bled properly, nice and firm pedal and a good engagement about 3/4 of the way up. Feels way better than the stock piece but after I get on the car for a couple shifts I still get a "dead" pedal for about the top 1/4 part and after about 2 or 3 pumps it'll come back up to normal but if I don't "pump" then it'll just stay there. Found this out yesterday, I shifted hard all the way up the 5th gear then dropped it to 4th and gave it more gas then went into 6th and just cruised down the highway and about 10 miles later when my exit came up and I went to shift into neutral thats when I felt my pedal down, 2 pumps and it came back up and all was back to normal. Still feels a lot better than my stock MC did and I can at least shift at WOT again but does anybody have an idea why this happens? Or how to fix it?

Car has 84k and to my knowledge still has the stock clutch.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Try bleeding just that dead space in your pedal. A lot of times that will get the last bit of the mushy part of the pedal.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have dead space unless I get on it for a couple shifts, otherwise it feels stiff the whole way. Would I have to pull over and attempt to bleed it after I get on it for a bit?
Old 01-09-2014, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry if I missed it in your sig, are you using the stock clutch? The stock pressure plate can cause that limp feeling in the clutch pedal during high rpm shifting, and once pumped a few times returns back to normal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pedal still feels a bit mushy