Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

? about NAPA MC on new rebuild T56(non gloom and doom)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ? about NAPA MC on new rebuild T56(non gloom and doom)

I want to thank those who have contributed to this forum. Without the tips and recommendations I would've never tried to rebuild a 6 speed for the first time. Absolutely no gloom and doom here on the outcome. No grinds, no whines, no vibrations. Goes into every gear smoothly. Started out as a reverse gear fix/mod but, when 5/6 gear slid off the shaft and onto the floor I said, "here we go". Said a few choice words and started ordering parts. New GM slave and new, stock clutch. Even did my own "micro-polishing" on moving parts. Did it help? Don't know. Never had anything to compare it to. It is super slick feeling when shifting. Now the question. What's slowing down the high RPM shifting? It will go into all gears, just not as fast as I think it should. No kick outs either. I did the drill mod on the line. I will do a Monster clutch in the near future. Thanks to all.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what ive read the LS7 clutch, which i believe you have, is self adjustable so pedal pressure is consistent and has all kinds of weird parts a clutch doesnt actually need because it was meant for a vette and it has to have a "smooth" clutch. Ive read the LS7 clutches can hold you back from high rpm shifts at times, and it sounds like you rebuilt your trans correctly so that would be my first guess.

Quick Reply: ? about NAPA MC on new rebuild T56(non gloom and doom)