Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

can a tick master fix this? or is it rebuild time

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default can a tick master fix this? or is it rebuild time

OK so I've noticed some weird things with the t56 in my camaro, I feel like I don't have enough pedal pressure, and i cant shift as fast as id like, unless its really high rpms or it will grind a bit. also I cant downshift sometimes with out rev matching. Also cant be rolling at like 50 in neutral,and put it into 4th or something with out revving it a bit. it feels like there just isn't enough clutch pressure. drill mod is done. just curious if that's something I can fix with a tick master, or something with syncros and I should rebuild the transmission. either one isn't a big deal, just would like to know if I have to pull the trans lol.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds like a hydraulic issues

Trans issue would be linked to a particular action, like hard to shift into x gear or grinds only in y gear

Hydraulic/clutch issues blanket most trans actions. See if the clutch is releasing. Jack the rear up and start the car in gear, clutch depressed. If the wheels immediately start spinning, the clutch isnt releasing completely
Old 12-21-2014, 03:59 PM
10 Second Club

yup. lifted the car up, pressed the clutch in, put in in first, and the wheels immediately started spinning. so how do I go about fixing it? (stock master, remote bleeder, rxt clutch.)
Old 12-21-2014, 04:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

buy a tick master
Old 12-21-2014, 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

OK so i shouldn't waste time trying to bleed this one?
Old 12-21-2014, 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

With a speed bleeder it takes about 30 seconds to bleed. Try that first
Old 12-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tick is the way to go I put in my car it works great you wont disappointed. And yes do get the speed bleeder.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You may need a rebuild anyway. Inadequate clutch disengagement ruins your synchronizers over time and it becomes more noticeable after they're worn down to nothing. Mine only had a few minor idiosyncrasies that weren't always even noticeable when DDing but when I had it rebuilt I needed just short of $900 additional parts.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Everyone thinks the dont need a tick....Then they try one and their whole attitude changes. Lol dont be that guy. It sounds like you have hydraulic issues. Change the M/C ut with a tick first and see if that helps, if not then it may be time for a rebuild. Just get the mc asap so you arent hurting your synchros
Old 12-23-2014, 10:30 AM
10 Second Club

Im gunna pick it up after the holidays, until then ill go easy and shift slow.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take 'er easy till then or you'll hurt syncros. that should fix it though.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
Everyone thinks they don't need a tick....Then they try one and their whole attitude changes. Lol dont be that guy.
LOL. I remember arguing with a mod on here that swore up and down that a Tick MC was unnecessary and not worth the money a couple years ago, I noticed them suggesting on to someone a few months back.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:19 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

It very well could be the slave. How old is it...?
Old 12-24-2014, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is your master and you keep driving than it will be your trans next... sounds like my car right before I got a tick, except I didn't let mine get so bad. .
Old 12-25-2014, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ws6turbo
If it is your master and you keep driving than it will be your trans next... sounds like my car right before I got a tick, except I didn't let mine get so bad. .
^^^ This!

just don't ever, ever force the trans into a gear, you *will* end up breaking stuff.....ask me how i know.....

if you're going to be pulling the trans, i would highly suggest replacing the slave cylinder as well, and get the speed bleeder in there while you're at it. they're cheap enough that there's no reason not to do it.

some people argue that the speed bleeder is too expensive at $50 for a hose with a valve on the end of it, but you'll instantly appreciate the decision to get one the first time you have to bleed your brakes and don't have to have someone else helping you out to do it.

i had a Tick MC, stock-replacement slave, and speed bleeder on mine, difference was night and day. once you have this setup, you won't go back to stock. ever.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
^^^ This!

just don't ever, ever force the trans into a gear, you *will* end up breaking stuff.....ask me how i know.....

if you're going to be pulling the trans, i would highly suggest replacing the slave cylinder as well, and get the speed bleeder in there while you're at it. they're cheap enough that there's no reason not to do it.

some people argue that the speed bleeder is too expensive at $50 for a hose with a valve on the end of it, but you'll instantly appreciate the decision to get one the first time you have to bleed your brakes and don't have to have someone else helping you out to do it.

i had a Tick MC, stock-replacement slave, and speed bleeder on mine, difference was night and day. once you have this setup, you won't go back to stock. ever.
I have the remote bleeder, and a new slave. I never force it, so it should be ok. The only time I shift is high rpms and then it has no issue. So tick master is on the way

Quick Reply: can a tick master fix this? or is it rebuild time