Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster Stage 3 or Monster Street Twin?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Stage 3 or Monster Street Twin?

I'm looking for opinions on which clutch to buy.

Monster Stage 3 or the Monster Street series Twin Disc. I am not stuck on Monster so if you prefer another let me know, but they seem pretty popular right now. I am looking for a streetable clutch that will hold up to the abuse of some track days and some outlaw type racing in "Mexico'' as well. I know the Twin is supposed to be more streetable, but is it worth the extra money? Will it last longer? I don't care if it's a little hard to drive,

I need to update my sig, but on top of what my signature says, these are my up to date mods.

226cc AI ported 243 Heads w/ BTR springs etc.
Custom Cam by Martin
36lb Fast Injectors
I haven't had it tuned yet

Hoping for around 440whp....stock bolt w/ bolt-ons was 362/370.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BiGcamo
I'm looking for opinions on which clutch to buy.

Monster Stage 3 or the Monster Street series Twin Disc. I am not stuck on Monster so if you prefer another let me know, but they seem pretty popular right now. I am looking for a streetable clutch that will hold up to the abuse of some track days and some outlaw type racing in "Mexico'' as well. I know the Twin is supposed to be more streetable, but is it worth the extra money? Will it last longer? I don't care if it's a little hard to drive,

I need to update my sig, but on top of what my signature says, these are my up to date mods.

226cc AI ported 243 Heads w/ BTR springs etc.
Custom Cam by Martin
36lb Fast Injectors
I haven't had it tuned yet

Hoping for around 440whp....stock bolt w/ bolt-ons was 362/370.
The LT1-S will drive like stock and have a longer life than any aftermarket twin, or single disc clutch. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
The LT1-S will drive like stock and have a longer life than any aftermarket twin, or single disc clutch. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Do you recommend using the OEM master cylinder and not an adjustable? I have read that on certain vendor's pages.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:40 AM
10 Second Club

either clutch will work great for you. cant beat monsters service or products
Old 03-17-2015, 10:50 AM
FormerVendor

Do you recommend using the OEM master cylinder and not an adjustable? I have read that on certain vendor's pages.
Either will work with a our single discs or street twins. However keep in mind that a larger bore master will increase pedal effort, and shrink the engagement window of any clutch.

Our race series twin, is the only style unit that we offer that can not be used with an after market master.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Either will work with a our single discs or street twins. However keep in mind that a larger bore master will increase pedal effort, and shrink the engagement window of any clutch.

Our race series twin, is the only style unit that we offer that can not be used with an after market master.
Ok thanks. I ended up going with the Street Twin. I'll be patiently waiting by my door haha.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:27 PM
FormerVendor

Ok thanks. I ended up going with the Street Twin. I'll be patiently waiting by my door haha.
Awesome! Keep us posted.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Bumpers on this old thread, gonna be ordering a clutch with in a couple weeks... Anybody else have any other input, to pro's and cons on this? they're both rated at the same hp.. Anything other than longer life a pro to the twin disc over stage 3?

Quick Reply: Monster Stage 3 or Monster Street Twin?