Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Installing a TR6060 aftermarket shifter on a CTS-V T56 magnum

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing a TR6060 aftermarket shifter on a CTS-V T56 magnum

So I have a '07 T56 magnum from a CTS-V. It use a remote shifter that drive a rod that goes into the gear selector shaft.

I'm going to use this transmission into a nissan S12 chassis and the shifter will be a few inches to far back. I'm gonna have to shop and shorten the remote shifter.

Since the CTS-V V1 shifter is sloppy at best, I was looking at modifying an aftermarket shifter. The one that appeal me the most is the GT500 shifter made by MGW (link: https://www.mgwshifters.com/shifters/mustangs/78 )

Since this shifter is made to connect on a TR6060 the same way the shifter on my T56 magnum is, and knowing that a T56 magnum is a TR6060 in a different case, is there any reason this could not work?

If it's just a matter of redesigning the arms that hold it to the transmission or the length of the stainless shaft or the way it attach to the T56 shift rod, I'm sure I can modify stuff and make them work together.

But if the issue reside in how the transmission shift inside the gearbox, that's not worth it. Mainly I just want someone who is used to T56 and TR6060 to confirm me that the shifting linkage work the same inside the T56 magnum I have and the TR6060.

Cheers!
Jerome
Old 07-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also I just read about the Hurst modified shifter by CTSV07 here on board. Anyone have a comparison versus a 240SX transmission? I love the direct feel of my B&M shifter on the 240. I really wanna get rid of all the slop there could be in the CTS-V shifter.

Quick Reply: Installing a TR6060 aftermarket shifter on a CTS-V T56 magnum