Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Rebuilding T-56

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilding T-56

Anyone tackled this themself? My cts-v lost 5th and 6th gear. Im pretty mechanically inclined. Is this something i can tackle myself? Thanks again guys!!!
Old 07-30-2015, 10:31 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Look through the Manual Transmission Stickied Threads at the top. There should be a basic go-through of an F-body unit that will get you started.

Your blockers differ; on forward gears they are triple and double cone. Take stuff apart slowly and note how things are stacked up. Also, remove your plug / spring / vertical detent from the front plate before pulling the main case off the front plate

The rest is largely the same.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmd
Look through the Manual Transmission Stickied Threads at the top. There should be a basic go-through of an F-body unit that will get you started.

Your blockers differ; on forward gears they are triple and double cone. Take stuff apart slowly and note how things are stacked up. Also, remove your plug / spring / vertical detent from the front plate before pulling the main case off the front plate

The rest is largely the same.
We're obviously not transmission rebuilding experts, but when I've done this myself, I figured it was wise to keep a camera nearby to snap pictures as I was disassembling so I could refer back to the assemblies when putting it back together because, you know, "Assembly is the reverse" is only so helpful to someone like me with a lagging memory and visually based learning tendencies.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding T-56