Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for in stock.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

just ordered .... appreciate the sale price.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NitrOmm
just ordered .... appreciate the sale price.
Thanks a lot for the business and your welcome for the sale price. We know you will enjoy it, and we look forward to your review.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

Any mgw vs this info on comparison yet? Im ready to pull trigger on one these bad boys. But dont know which to get.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TexomaMan_X2
Any mgw vs this info on comparison yet? Im ready to pull trigger on one these bad boys. But dont know which to get.
You won't find anything out there that is any quicker shift or shorter throw than our shifter. Our shifters are in some of the fastest 6 speed cars in the country for this reason. Plus it's in stock for now.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bump for more in stock.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:04 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Just some honest feedback....

I was having a hard time getting used to the shifter sitting further towards the passenger side of the car as compared to my old shifter. So I used the same 3/4" spacer from my old shifter, and moved the handle that much closer to the driver's side. It required a trip to the local hardware store to pick up longer bolts, but now it feels perfect.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Just some honest feedback....

I was having a hard time getting used to the shifter sitting further towards the passenger side of the car as compared to my old shifter. So I used the same 3/4" spacer from my old shifter, and moved the handle that much closer to the driver's side. It required a trip to the local hardware store to pick up longer bolts, but now it feels perfect.
So if I built it to where the shifter offset 3/4"-1" to the driver side it would work better you think?
Old 12-01-2015, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VERY interesting.....I'd been debating swapping out the stocker in my WS6. I'll have to keep an eye out for the shifter offest to the driver side.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:54 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by HINSON Motorsports
So if I built it to where the shifter offset 3/4"-1" to the driver side it would work better you think?
I think so. It centers the shifter more in an f-body console, which at least to me, feels more natural.

If it makes sense, before, it felt like 1st gear was closer to 5th gear. Although I don't have a lot of miles on the shifter, it just didn't feel quite right to me.

Again, putting in the spacer made it feel more like what I've been used to for the past 15 years.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The day after my car was delivered, I ordered an aftermarket Hurst shifter that came with a straight stick. I soon purchased a Lou's Short Stick, which has the left hook in it, and remember that moving the **** inboard made a night/day difference. (The wet noodle that comes on the stock shifter is also greatly positioned inboard.)
Old 12-04-2015, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If anybody is înterested in a hieght comparison here is a pic as compared to my B&M shifter. I can't wait to get rolling with this. The length of the shifter alone will be a huge improvement for me. Ie: the distance traveled from 1st to 2nd will be cut down substantially. I've wanted to cut down & re tap my shifter for years ( too lazy ).
Attached Thumbnails New Hinson Motorsports F-Body Short Throw Shifter - Now Available-image.jpg  
Old 12-04-2015, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Better pic
Old 12-07-2015, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am currently debating on exploring one of the two options. The first would be to offset where the handle and the base meet 1" closer to the driver. This is an estimate and I would have to install one in the car and make a few clearance checks to confirm location. The second would be to make a handle more like the UMI design. Here is our shifter in Ray Bulachs car with a modified UMI handle. Tell me what you guys think.

Old 12-07-2015, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm seriously considering buying one- but I would also want it to be in the same "place in space" as my old stock shifter (01 TA with Hurst), and be able to put my stock shifter **** on it.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris Paveglio
I'm seriously considering buying one- but I would also want it to be in the same "place in space" as my old stock shifter (01 TA with Hurst), and be able to put my stock shifter **** on it.
All of those things are currently offered with the shifter now.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am currently debating on exploring one of the two options. The first would be to offset where the handle and the base meet 1" closer to the driver. This is an estimate and I would have to install one in the car and make a few clearance checks to confirm location. The second would be to make a handle more like the UMI design. Here is our shifter in Ray Bulachs car with a modified UMI handle. Tell me what you guys think.

I think whichever option maintains the same shifter geometry is best. The Alchemist stated a spacer made all the difference to him. I will be honest and say I'm kicking myself a bit for purchasing before these kinds of things were better identified.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:22 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

No need to kick yourself. I was one of the first to buy it, and have been able to make it work perfectly. A simple fix for the **** was to wrap the handle with some electrical tape, and then my shift **** fit perfectly, and I re-used the spacer from my old shifter, and now it sits perfectly centered.

Would it have been cool to have it come this way when I bought it, sure, but I made it work with very little effort and almost zero cost.... well, the new bolts were $7 from Ace.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The second would be to make a handle more like the UMI design.
I am a fan of this and like the handle canted over.

With the bend, one's wrist is always turned in or perfectly vertical, which make it easier to operate a shifter with less leverage. When one's wrist is turned over past vertical, we loose strength. (I'm probably more sensitive to this because I have a torn UCL in my elbow. If you put your fingers on the inside of your elbow joint and turn your wrist over, you can feel the muscles and tendons stretch and the elbow joint rotate the minute your wrist turns over past vertical.)

Are you still offering these shifters without a stick, if we already have a Lou's or UMI stick, etc.? (It looks like your shifter has the standard stick attachment bolt spacing.)
Old 12-09-2015, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
No need to kick yourself. I was one of the first to buy it, and have been able to make it work perfectly. A simple fix for the **** was to wrap the handle with some electrical tape, and then my shift **** fit perfectly, and I re-used the spacer from my old shifter, and now it sits perfectly centered.

Would it have been cool to have it come this way when I bought it, sure, but I made it work with very little effort and almost zero cost.... well, the new bolts were $7 from Ace.
I hear ya. My aftermarket hurst doesn't use a spacer so I will have to get one made or do it myself. Not a big deal but it is the aftermarket life lol.

Quick Reply: New Hinson Motorsports F-Body Short Throw Shifter - Now Available