Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster 11" ceramic slipping at moderate rpms?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster 11" ceramic slipping at moderate rpms?

I recently finished my procharged 347 build. I am running a monster stage 4 11" ceramic clutch package with the 18lb flywheel and tick performance master/slave. I went through the break in period as stated in the instructions and am now at about 600 miles on the build. I have noticed that the car consistently feels like the clutch is slipping at about 4500rpm. Even the dyno sheets from my tuning session show a drastic drop in rear wheel HP after 5000rpm. The car consistently pulls to 580rwhp @5000rpm then the hp tanks. On the street in almost any gear once it at about 4500 or so rpm you can feel the back end get kinda floaty and not putting down any power, while the engine continues to scream and lift the front end up. My motor is set to spin to 7200rpm so it's not running out of engine. Is there something that needs to be adjusted? Is something broken? Is the clutch actually slipping? This whole thing has me crazy, I want to get the car sqaured away ! Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-16-2016, 05:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

...even though you bought a quality clutch rated for your HP level and followed install & break-in procedure....sounds like the clutch just won't hold your power

A twin disc clutch, IMHO, would better deal with the power levels you have

This assumes clutch install was done correctly and there is not anything causing full engagement not to happen.

On ceramic clutch once you slip & glaze it...not sure if they ever really come back

may want to discuss with whoever you got the monster clutch from. Generally Monster clutches have a very good reputation but you do make some power

FWIW I make nowhere near your power and ran a few brands of ceramic, Kevlar, etc puc clutches rated for more power than I make and after a year or so they all started to slip with a few dieing horribly at the track.

I went with a McLeod Twin...fing great clutch but you will need to have everything downstream of it in good order or it will find the weakest link
Old 03-17-2016, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snapdude
I recently finished my procharged 347 build. I am running a monster stage 4 11" ceramic clutch package with the 18lb flywheel and tick performance master/slave. I went through the break in period as stated in the instructions and am now at about 600 miles on the build. I have noticed that the car consistently feels like the clutch is slipping at about 4500rpm. Even the dyno sheets from my tuning session show a drastic drop in rear wheel HP after 5000rpm. The car consistently pulls to 580rwhp @5000rpm then the hp tanks. On the street in almost any gear once it at about 4500 or so rpm you can feel the back end get kinda floaty and not putting down any power, while the engine continues to scream and lift the front end up. My motor is set to spin to 7200rpm so it's not running out of engine. Is there something that needs to be adjusted? Is something broken? Is the clutch actually slipping? This whole thing has me crazy, I want to get the car sqaured away ! Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
What you posted doesn't make sense. Give us a call so we can go over things.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
What you posted doesn't make sense. Give us a call so we can go over things.
Is your contact info on the monster clutch website?
Old 03-18-2016, 09:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snapdude
Is your contact info on the monster clutch website?
You can call us at (817-750-2000) or you can email Jacob@monsterclutches.com

Quick Reply: Monster 11" ceramic slipping at moderate rpms?