Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ls7 clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls7 clutch problems

I picked up a 01 ss bot long ago with a ps1 and a t56 6speed. the cars clutch went out soon after I got it so I ordered a Ls7 clutch kit from sdpc (scoggin dicky parts center). the kit came with the ls2 flywheel and Ls7 disc and pressure plate. supposed to be a direct fit for the car. I had a gm certified tech install it with a brand new oem stock master and slave cylnder. then bleed the system pretty well ( pretry sure there's no air in there ). we cannot get the clutch to disengage. I have noticed tick offers a slave shim kit but people say it is not needed for this as this is a direct fit swap. any information is greatly appreciated I need my car back ASAP. thank you
Old 10-28-2016, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you use a new slave? Was it green?
Old 11-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I just swapped out my clutch and i didn't table bleed my new OEM master and i couldn't get the air out of the system.
what I ended up doing was replaced the OEM master with an exact one....This time i table bled the master, prior to install and now my car shifts smooth like a baby's a**
Old 11-08-2016, 07:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're positive the fluid is bled properly, the problem would have to lie in the throwout bearing. We do see cases here and there where a shim is required when it normally wouldn't be.

Quick Reply: Ls7 clutch problems