Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stuck clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck clutch

OK I has a stage 2 monster clutch in my 99 camaro. I recently figured out my clutch was stuck to the pressure plate. I got them separated and cleaned the everything the clutch was stuck on one little spot. I got it back together drove the car it drove nice I went out yesterday and we'll the car will not go into gear again pedal feels good, is it possible the clutch is stuck again? Do I need to buy a new clutch kit ?

Thank you
Old 03-12-2017, 07:03 PM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Not sure but you'll probably end up doing so if you've lost confidence in the clutch.

When you do drop it, here's a tip for you. Put some valve grinding compound on the input shaft. Run the disc back and forth over the splines until the input shaft shines, then rotate the disc a few splines over and do it again. Do it at a few different clock positions. Clean it up really good. Before you reassemble use just a dab of high temp grease on the input splines and coat them up.

Should at least help with smoother shifts
Old 03-15-2017, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mngoos
OK I has a stage 2 monster clutch in my 99 camaro. I recently figured out my clutch was stuck to the pressure plate. I got them separated and cleaned the everything the clutch was stuck on one little spot. I got it back together drove the car it drove nice I went out yesterday and we'll the car will not go into gear again pedal feels good, is it possible the clutch is stuck again? Do I need to buy a new clutch kit ?

Thank you
If you have a level 2 stuck to a pressure plate it typically is from the friction material melting and sticking to the pressure plate.

The most common thing that will cause a level 2 friction to melt is when the disc is contaminated by a petroleum product(i.e. Oil, hydraulic fluid).

It can also happen if the clutch is slipped a tremendous amount. Give us a shout if you have any questions.(817-750-2000)

Quick Reply: Stuck clutch