Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Noisy MN12 T56 when backing off acell see my youtube video

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 02:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisy MN12 T56 when backing off acell see my youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHqB...ature=youtu.be

Its a 2004 Colorado that I did a 4.8L swap, and mated it to the stock 5spd. I then got a MN12 2005 GTO T-56 that I rebuilt myself, with koyo high caps, master rebuild kit. I used a 98-02 Camaro clutch fly-wheel kit (LUK). I used the CTS-v pilot bearing, 3/8" bell-trans spacer, and salve shims, the clutch was good, and the trans was pretty quite save, the shifter rattle from my homemade offset sifter. Then the pressure plate let go, after 50,000 miles, and I installed a GM 98-02 clutch kit, and LUK salve, I changed the shims I had, hoping for better release, after this the clutch was cattery, the GM one never felt as smooth as the LUK, eve though they both say LUK on them?

Then I swapped in a LH6 5.3L, and stupidly reused the chattery clutch, but subtracted the shim I added during the GM clutch install, hoping that would get rid of the chatter.

Well not only does the clutch still chatter, they trans now makes a new whirling sound, like something's running on inside the trans speeding up faster then the rest of the internals? Listen closes to the video, is this normal? I don't recall it doing this with the 4.8L?

Quick Reply: Noisy MN12 T56 when backing off acell see my youtube video