Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick master cylinder with speedbleeder

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tick master cylinder with speedbleeder

Just a quick review of these parts.

I installed the Tick master cylinder with remote speedbleeder this past weekend. I was having issues after a full day of drag racing with shifting into 1st and reverse and hoping the new master cylinder would help.

Either I missed the warning, or didn't read it in the instructions but removing the U-bolt of the GM original master cylinder was the worst part of this install. It took a small 4 lb sledge and a lot of hammering to get it out. I also pulled my transmission just to install the speed bleeder. My clutch and slave cylinder were replaced in the summer of 2015 and were still in great shape.

Best decision I've ever made with this car. It completely fixed my issue shifting into 1st and reverse; and all gears are now much easier to shift into. Down shifting is also much smoother and takes considerably less force to get into each gear.

Forget replacing the intake lid as the first mod for LS1 cars; if it's a stock 6-speed the first mods should be a Tick master cylinder along with the remote speedbleeder. Highly recommended.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A little secret to removing the U bolt.

I took a section of solid round aluminum and drilled a hole just large and deep enough to fit over the "nut starter" end of the U bolt (the non threaded part). I drilled another hole in the other end that was a bit larger and deeper. I put a chisel point on my air chisel and "brrrrrt....brrrrrt", the U bolt was flush with the firewall. I spent 45 minutes trying to do it with a hammer and then I realized I was working too hard and needed to be smarter. Takes about 10 seconds that way (assuming you have air and an air chisel).

Quick Reply: Tick master cylinder with speedbleeder