Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tr6060 electronic sensors and such

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tr6060 electronic sensors and such

Hi all, I have a few questions.

I have a 2013 tr6060 in my 78 trans am mated to an ls6.

I'm going with a GPS Speedo, but I'm not sure what to do about the tachometer. I have 3.73 gears and aftermarket wheel/tire combo so a mechanical gauge is probably out of the question.

also what can I do with the existing harness on the tranny? Can I leave it off and simplify the harness? Will skip shift automatically be left out or will I need to eliminate it? Thanks
Old 06-24-2017, 04:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Does a 6060 even have skipshift ?

On older T56's just leave it unplugged.

and rev counter has nothing to do with the gearbox. What sort of signal did your old rev counter use ?
Old 06-24-2017, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Does a 6060 even have skipshift ?

On older T56's just leave it unplugged.

and rev counter has nothing to do with the gearbox. What sort of signal did your old rev counter use ?
Sadly yes, it has skip shift

the original gauges were all mechanical, so I'm going to go gps for Speedo. My other question: if I leave harness unplugged, will it function properly? Without the skip shift, temp sensor, gear sensor...etc, will it operate correctly or will there be an interference of some sort?

thanks
Old 06-24-2017, 11:38 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Again dont know about the 6060..but on T56's simply leaving the skipshift unplugged removed it.
I would assume the 6060 is the same.

unless whatever ecu or control systems needs a trans temp reading...then I see no need for that. And what do you mean by a "gear sensor" ?

It's just a manual gearbox, it will do that job with no wires plugged in, other than if there is a reverse lockout as per older boxes.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:35 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The VSS is the same design as T56 except depth,depending on model.
The cags solenoid is the same but smaller.
Rev. lockout, the same but smaller.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Again dont know about the 6060..but on T56's simply leaving the skipshift unplugged removed it.
I would assume the 6060 is the same.

unless whatever ecu or control systems needs a trans temp reading...then I see no need for that. And what do you mean by a "gear sensor" ?

It's just a manual gearbox, it will do that job with no wires plugged in, other than if there is a reverse lockout as per older boxes.
I'm going with a standalone harness for the motor and won't have any interference with the tranny, so hopefully it really is a "manual" transmission lol. I will report back with everything as soon as the car is up and running, hopefully within a few months.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in the outcome. I am putting a 2017 LT1 with a TR6060 into a 1988 Camaro. There must be like 6 electrical plugs in the transmission. Other then the speedometer, reverse lights, and reverse lockout, do I need the rest? Do standalone harnesses plug into manual transmissions or just automatics?
Old 08-12-2017, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TigerTruck
I'm interested in the outcome. I am putting a 2017 LT1 with a TR6060 into a 1988 Camaro. There must be like 6 electrical plugs in the transmission. Other then the speedometer, reverse lights, and reverse lockout, do I need the rest? Do standalone harnesses plug into manual transmissions or just automatics?
nice project! I'm running gps Speedo, I just need to focus on reverse lights and lockout. There is a VSS plug that goes to the tranny from the stand alone engine harness
Old 08-12-2017, 09:33 PM
Teching In

As I do research, I am learning new stuff all the time. Tranny fittings and GPS Speedo are two new things. My next thing is the hydraulic line going from the master to the slave. I haven't seen many tremecs but the one I have has the slave on the right side. Isn't it usually on the left?
Old 08-12-2017, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As I do research, I am learning new stuff all the time. Tranny fittings and GPS Speedo are two new things. My next thing is the hydraulic line going from the master to the slave. I haven't seen many tremecs but the one I have has the slave on the right side. Isn't it usually on the left?
You can never have enough knowledge, that's for sure!

I used an adapter to go from -4 AN to the quick release of the slave cylinder, I found it on ebay

I used a wilwood clutch pedal

Also used a 3/8-24 To -4 AN fitting to make it easy
Old 08-13-2017, 07:36 AM
Teching In

I found that fitting on Ebay. That stainless line is what I am looking for, too. I don't think I can use the Wilwood master but it looks nice.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I found that fitting on Ebay. That stainless line is what I am looking for, too. I don't think I can use the Wilwood master but it looks nice.
with your swap, does your car use a hydraulic pedal or cable actuated?

Quick Reply: Tr6060 electronic sensors and such