Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mamo RPS BC2 install/review

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Great job man! You guys did an awesome job. Your car kicks ***. Thanks for the write up & info.

PS. Sorry to hear about the piston letting go. I suspect it was a ring land or what not. Was anything else hurt? Plans??
Old 10-08-2018, 01:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Great job man! You guys did an awesome job. Your car kicks ***. Thanks for the write up & info.

PS. Sorry to hear about the piston letting go. I suspect it was a ring land or what not. Was anything else hurt? Plans??
thanks man!
yes there's been a lot that has gone on with the car since posting this thread lol

I'm gonna start a build thread soon to outline it all, but yes I was at St Thomas labour day weekend for a grudge race event...while testing the day before the event, #7 cylinder decided to throw in the towel

AndrewSS was there and was a huge help with diagnosing problems with the car
He had almost every tool I needed with him, which were the only tools I didn't bring (always the way it works)

Haven't got a chance to tear it down yet, but I put an inspection camera down the plug hole and confirmed a nice chunk outta the piston and what appears to be a pretty scored cylinder wall...I'm assuming ring land failure that may have been caused by some pinging over the years (running 91 instead of 94 octane, and maybe a little to aggressive on the tune).
Again, have yet to tear into it, but I have a good idea of the damage...fingers crossed for the heads/valves to be in good shape!

I do have plans for the car, but I don't wanna disclose until I have the new setup sitting in my garage (pending deal). But I will say it should get me my 10 second pass

Last edited by manzo81maro; 10-08-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

I have two of these clutches. One I’m running with a 5/8 master and it’s really nice
Old 10-15-2018, 08:22 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,078 Posts

BC2 for me as well. Super smooth and easy peasy to drive. Zero chatter.

Quick Reply: Mamo RPS BC2 install/review