Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Questions about T56 swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about T56 swap

Hey guys im planning on doing the t56 conversion on my 4l60e ws6..i do have some questions though about getting the parts ...hawks third gen sells the whole swap kit for 3k..i feel like that might be a little steep ..so beside the t56 itself and the pedals set up...can you locate and get pretty much all the parts you need from a good auto parts store ?... for example getting the clutch kit... slave cylinder and so on ?...if anybody can help me out and give me a direction to go without breaking the bank id appreciate guys thank you
Old 05-24-2018, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have completed a T56 swap feel free to message me with questions.

As for a clutch package, you do not want used parts and you do not want OEM hydraulics because you are asking for problems. I would recommend this kit from Tick:
http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...camaro-firebird/

The harder parts to locate will be:
Y-pipe mount for T56 transmission

A manual transmission car clutch bracket firewall doubler plate. (Lots of people do not talk about this or have one when swapping) The firewall is already thin and flexes. Factory T56 cars had a doubler. The firewall will eventually crack without one.

Clutch Pedal anticipation Switch: GM 10180569 (This is the proper clutch switch for cruise and clutch position. Most people just use a 2 wire cruise switch, this has 4. Not having a clutch position signal going to the computer causes the cruise not to work.)

Center Console for manual. There still should be plenty of used ones out there. Hard to come past a mint condition one if your looking for that though. There is a un-named company that makes a aftermarket replacement. Never used on though.

Pigtails:
12101899 VSS (PPL/White & LT GRN/BLK) $10
12101857 Reverse Lock Out (Green & Pink wires) $10
12085485 Reverse light Pigtail (Green & Brown wires) $10

Bellhousing: 12453263

Manual Crossmember

Clutch Fluid Reservoir.

If you have a car that has money into it or is in good shape then it is worth the time and money to swap. All said and done with a mix of used and good parts you will probably be 3-4k. The total heavily relies on the T56 you find condition and price wise.