Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Pedal hard/stiff in 2002 C5 6SP

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Clutch Pedal hard/stiff in 2002 C5 6SP

Hi everyone, I usually post on Corvette Forum but I find this site has better general tech support. Please don't hate on my low post count.

I have an issue with my clutch pedal that I haven't been able to figure out. The problem I have is very similar to this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...tch-pedal.html
Unfortunately there was never a resolution to his problem, or at least one wasn't presented.

Here are my parts (all new w/in 2k miles):
LS7 Clutch/PP
RAM Aluminum Flywheel
OEM Slave
Sachs OEM Master
Tick Remote Bleeder

If I drive my car normal the clutch gets terribly stiff to the point where it will hurt my knee and foot. I've bled the system both ways, and have replaced the master cylinder twice with OEM units. All of the clutch lines are heat wrapped.

Here's where it gets interesting. If I side step the clutch a few times with the car off the clutch will loosen up and feel normal, but after I drive it for a few minutes it will firm back up. The clutch will also loosen up if I dump the clutch, or power shift the car. So really the clutch only feels right when I'm thrashing the car. I'd like to be able to drive it normally with reasonable pedal pressure.

Two things I'm wondering about are the self adjusting feature of the clutch, and/or poor engagement of the two sides in the quick connect fitting restricting flow. I can't imagine anything else in this system giving me problems, but I'd love any advice you could give me. This is really getting annoying in an otherwise great car.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it seems to loosen up while side stepping with the car off, I wonder if it is the clutch pedal throw being off slightly. I may be dealing with a similar issue on my fbody, T56 swap but the clutch pedal is super firm.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal hard/stiff in 2002 C5 6SP