Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 wiring with 2005 L33 blue/green truck PCM

Old 12-22-2018, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T56 wiring with 2005 L33 blue/green truck PCM

Hello,

I'm swapping in a 5.3 L33 from a 2005 Silverado into my '82 S10 truck. I have a T56 Magnum from American Powertrain behind it. I have the factory PCM and harness from the engine donor 2005 Silverado.

The service number on my PCM is 12589463 with the blue/green connectors. HDW number is 12589162

The pinout I've seen online says that PCM connector green (C2) pin 18 is the "clutch start switch". That doesn't sound the same as clutch anticipation but it might be used for both?

I'm not using the PCM control of the starter solenoid. I'm keeping the existing S10 starter solenoid wiring.

I'd like to have the PCM control the reverse lockout solenoid. Is that possible with the truck PCM?

If the PCM can control the reverse lockout solenoid, what pin on the PCM should control it? What pin would be the clutch anticipation switch?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The truck clutch anticipate switch circuit differs from the "normal" f body/vette circuits. On the trucks they use (if i remember correctly) pin 35 and it is "normally open". When you depress clutch the circuit closes. On the f body the switxh is "normally closed) and with clutch pedal depressed the circuit opens. I believe they use pin blue 32.

fyi... i did a 92 extended cab with a 408 and also a t56 magnum. Except i use an 01 f body 6 speed tune to start operTing system 0288. You have a thread on s10 forum?

Old 12-31-2018, 06:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also i use the f body tune to control the reverse lockout on mine. I have it wired exactly like stock. 01 f body 0288 operating system...
oh and an 01 f body clutch anticipate switch fits in the stockn1st gen clutch bracket. But you have to remove the f body sleeve and use the s10 cruise control clutch switch metal sleeve.

are you using the stock 82 s10 cable clutch set up???
Old 01-01-2019, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Hello,

That's a good looking engine!

I don't have a build thread on S10forum. I should have created one, but this hasn't been a very quick build so updates would have been pretty slow. I may create a thread just to document what I've done so far.

I think I'll follow your lead and wire the clutch switch like the F-body. I'm not sure who I'll get to tune it -- I don't feel qualified to tweak fuel and timing tables -- but hopefully they can use that as a starting point.

I removed the stock cable clutch pedal assembly and replaced it with a hydraulic pedal assembly from an '87. I bought my transmission as a kit from American Powertrain. I used their (Wilwood) master cylinder from the kit. The original clutch cable passed through the firewall in *almost* the right place, but it was off just enough, and the hole large enough, that I ended up welding in a patch to fill the cable pass-through hole and drilled new holes for the master cylinder mount.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Hello,

I talked to my tuner (ShorTuning) about programming the PCM for reverse lockout, and he was able to figure it out on my PCM. He had me wire it like a Corvette (reverse lockout on green connector C2 pin 44).

Search this Thread