Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Transmission won't disengage (need input on hydraulic failure)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 03:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Transmission won't disengage (need input on hydraulic failure)

I could use any input on why my 99z is getting harder to shift fast. Today I was driving it and the clutch pedal stuck halfway down to the floor making it impossible to put the car in gear and stop with out sthaling. When upgrading the hydrualics what all is included? Will I have to remove the trans to replace it all? If so I am pissed buy at the same time I will put a clutch in. This car has become a unhappy money pit latley. thanks For any input guys.
Elec
Old 08-05-2004, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you'll need a new slave order one from a 01-02 f-body(it's upgreded and better then the 98-00)you should get a adj master(mcleod or whatever)and do the drill out mod on it. you do have to remove the trans to install the slave,but not for thr master. i'de look in to a better clutch too.(i have not had goodluck with centerforce and my two ram clutched seem to SUCK too) i'm going to switch to spec. ow and bro...welcome to the money pit world of performance cars. goodluck to ya.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Thanks to gm for swaping to this setup. I like my t56 in my truck from the lt1 I can replace it all in minutes. This sucks donkey *****.