Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Does this seem right???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this seem right???

ok, i just had a ram powergrip, aluminum flywheel, and slave put in. I had a spec 3 w/stock flywheel before. I only had to go about 1/2 way down on the clutch for it to grab. The ****** ram, i have to literally go ALL the way to the floor! is this right? any1 else with this setup???TIA
Old 09-02-2005, 05:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by diamond01ss
ok, i just had a ram powergrip, aluminum flywheel, and slave put in. I had a spec 3 w/stock flywheel before. I only had to go about 1/2 way down on the clutch for it to grab. The ****** ram, i have to literally go ALL the way to the floor! is this right? any1 else with this setup???TIA

shims, shims, shims. I installed an SPEC clutch in mine. It came with a slave shim which I installed. The clutch engaged right off the floor. After driving it around for a while, it started getting impossible to shift or find gears. I immediately thought the shim might not have been enough.

On advice, I tried rebleeding it. No good. On advice from SPEC, I yanked the transmission back off and replaced the slave cylinder. No good. More advice, bleed it somemore. No good.

I finally listened to myself and bought some sheet aluminum, made some extra shims, yanked the trans again and installed them. this corrected the problem.

With my next clutch, I bout a Mcloed adjustable master cylinder. No problems with any clutch since.

Quick Reply: Does this seem right???