Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

can u tell me whats wromg with my m 6

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can u tell me whats wromg with my m 6

i had a spec stage 2 clutch and billet steel flywheel professionally installed and everything seems to work great, but once in a while when i first start the car there is a weird noise and when i push the clutch in it goes away, i have no idea what this could be, any help is appreciated
Old 10-25-2005, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02blkws6vert
i had a spec stage 2 clutch and billet steel flywheel professionally installed and everything seems to work great, but once in a while when i first start the car there is a weird noise and when i push the clutch in it goes away, i have no idea what this could be, any help is appreciated
did you have your slave cylinder replaced when you had the clutch installed? They go bad pretty often. I've had to change mine quite a few times. Everytime I pull my tranny/rear end, I have put a new one in just to be safe. They are pretty cheap.......about a hundred bucks.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Launching!

no i havent had that replaced, how do i know for sure if thats bad and what will that affect if it is bad? thanks for the help
Old 10-25-2005, 10:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02blkws6vert
no i havent had that replaced, how do i know for sure if thats bad and what will that affect if it is bad? thanks for the help
I'm not sure.......I haven't had a bad one for very long. I had one start to go and I replaced it imediately.

As far as knowing for sure whats wrong.......I'd go to the regional forum and find out who the good LS1 mechanics (recommended ones only) in your area are, and take it to them for a quick diagnosis. You can have people from here try to do there best, but if you want it done right...........do what I just said!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:09 PM
10 Second Club

Not to dog your installer, but they may have been the reason your car is doing what ever. It probably isn't, just trying to re-emphasize the importance of STRONGLY recommended mechanics. They are well worth that extra drive or the little bit more you'll pay, or whatever............

I'm passionate about this because I learned an expensive lesson the hard way and don't want others to go through what I did.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my car makes a sound when its in neutral sometimes. i think its the bearings in the tranny though. when clutch is in no noice and if i slip off the clutch fast in neutral it there. its really annoying too. not slave cylinder just put a new one in so its not good news

Quick Reply: can u tell me whats wromg with my m 6