Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

M6 acting up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default M6 acting up?

I have a 2001 SS with 81k miles with original everything, except replacement of diff fluid at 50k.

I had the transmission checked at a local cottman transmission and they stated it was fine :S Just let it go util the clutch gives out.

Problem:
This sounds just like what the drill mod fixes with high revs and losing pressure and making shifting impossible. It used to be at just high/fast reving from a launch, but now just driving and stomping it to get around cars ( which never used to happen ) I lose pressure.

So am kinda confused, transmission shop said it was fine, fluid was a little dark but not bad for 81k miles.

I have gone through clutches before in other manual cars and this is nothing like that, its a bitch to get into gears but once there its just fine. No slipping or loss of power, no burning clutch smell.

So take it somewhere else for a second opinion?
Drill mod and replace the fluid?

I know the clutch has had better days with 81k miles on her, but its not acting like a burned out clutch at all, more like the master/slave died.

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

[edit] forgot to add - pumping the clutch brings pressure back 3 or 5 pumps and its just like new again. Leg will look like a fiddler crab if I dont getthis working soon .

Last edited by kick_*ss; 11-14-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any thoughts? Is it possible to just flush the fluid and see how it runs?