Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

POS M6 popping out of 3rd on DECELL!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default POS M6 popping out of 3rd on DECELL!!

My POS M6 is giving me problems again. It pops out of 3 sometimes on high rpm DECELL when going into a turn or hitting an off ramp. I autocross and do not want this to happen. It NEVER pops out during ACCEL. Anybody else have this problem? I have already checked the shift stops and even backed the one for 3rd all the way off. It still does the same thing. It is still an intermittant problem.

Any help is appreciated. I plan on beating the crap out of it as soon as the strip opens.
thanks
Brad
Old 03-20-2002, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: POS M6 popping out of 3rd on DECELL!!

Your third gear synchro and the engagement teeth on the third gear are going out. I had the same problem with my tranny in second. It would only pop out on a downshift. Why it shows up on a downshift and not acceleration is a mystery to me. Mine started to do it intermmitantly but kept getting worse until I could not downshift into second at all without holding the shifter in gear hard. I lived with until I lost second gear completely. Sorry for the bad news.

Mark
Old 03-23-2002, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Im having the same problem was only 4th doing it now 4th seems ok and now 3rd dosnt want to go in?
Old 03-23-2002, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

im almost postive that there is a TSB on that problem. my buddy had the same problem on his 00 WS6 and he brought it in the other month (mods and all) and they rebuilt the tranny under warranty
Old 03-23-2002, 06:44 PM
Teching In

I only have 7000 miles on it but thought the headers and the bolt-ons would void that IF the Heads and cam dont worth a try i guess?
Old 03-23-2002, 06:53 PM
Teching In

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by geniusjester:
<strong>im almost postive that there is a TSB on that problem. my buddy had the same problem on his 00 WS6 and he brought it in the other month (mods and all) and they rebuilt the tranny under warranty</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If there Is a TSB on this does any one know the number or anymore info on this THX.
Old 03-24-2002, 01:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya, if there is a TSB, that would be great. I have already had 4 rebuilds on this one.......

Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: POS M6 popping out of 3rd on DECELL!!