Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What stick to get for a B&M?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What stick to get for a B&M?

Well here is the deal. I got a B&M shifter from a guy when i bought a rearend from him. The only problem is he didn't have the stick for it. So what stick can i get for it? I looked at some aftermarket ones from the sponsors>>>> but they all said they would work with is 5.0, hurst, ect. None of them said anything about B&M. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Brent
Old 02-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Teching In

B&M shifters don't have the same setup as the pro 5.0, stock etc. All of those have a 2 piece setup with the shifter itself, and a seperate stick that mounts to the shifter with 2 bolts. The B&M has a 1pc. setup, as in the part that you grab with your hand, is the same stick that imputs into the transmission. So you would have to find one of those, which im not sure if they are available. There is usually no reason to seperate the shifter from the stick with a B&M since no one makes a shorter stick for the B&M.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea brent,whoever you got that from must have cut the stick off themselves and drilled the holes so that they could use a short stick on there. Atleast ya didn't have to pay for ir!
Old 02-23-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lou's Short Stick. Great with the H-**** for a really short throw, a must for tall handles like my Hurst Pistol Grip.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

You got a hold of the old style ripper thats a 2pc design. I think they changed it in like 98 or 99 or so to the 1pc.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by stang killer
You got a hold of the old style ripper thats a 2pc design. I think they changed it in like 98 or 99 or so to the 1pc.
Ok thanks man! I was confused as hell! And i think i had both me and JP wondering about this shifter i "acquired". . So am i going to have to get a stick made or will that Lou's Short shifter or any other brand work? I know the threads weren't the same as the ones from JP's Pro 5.0 and Hurst.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1powerhouse02
Ok thanks man! I was confused as hell! And i think i had both me and JP wondering about this shifter i "acquired". . So am i going to have to get a stick made or will that Lou's Short shifter or any other brand work? I know the threads weren't the same as the ones from JP's Pro 5.0 and Hurst.
If the holes in the shifter line up the same as stock, then all you have to do is use bolts that fit the B&M threads. In other words, re-use the B&M bolts. You get new bolts with the LSS, but they fit the stock shifter. The web page for the LLS (http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/lousshortstick.html) doesn't list the B&M, just Pro 5.0 and all the Hurst aftermarket and stock shifters. There are other short sticks out there now if LLS doesn't work.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:08 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FUN LS1
Lou's Short Stick. Great with the H-**** for a really short throw, a must for tall handles like my Hurst Pistol Grip.
My vote.