Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS7 clutch/LS2 flywheel w/ D1SC Procharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 clutch/LS2 flywheel w/ D1SC Procharger

I am preparing my 2002 trans am ws6 for a large overall.....my car dyno'ed 354/368 rwhp/tq with just bolt-ons and I am going with a set up as follows.....

D1SC Procharger, Racetronix fuel system, FRPP 42 lbs injectors, Morgan Motorsports pulley(7.85"), Riechard Racing Blower Pulley(4.30"), and Tial BOV

I am looking for a STOCK-LIKE clutch that can hold an easy 500rwhp without crazy slippage. This is my DD and I don't plan to run it at the track but maybe a few times, I am considering anything from the CARTEK setup to a SPEC 3 , or the set up I am currently SERIOUSLY considering...the ls7/ls2 setup....anyone out there got this setup on anything more than a bolton car???Seems like everything I am seeing these set-ups in are low HP bolt-on cars like mine sits currently???Anyone that can sign some light on this or give me an idea what to run it would be much appreciated!
Old 02-24-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The zo6 are light cars and the ls7 might be hype.The ls6 clutch does not have good track record at all.
The ls7 is a unknown right now.With one car dynoing with it at 700 or something but that is not the same as hard drag launching possibly with slipping the clutch.
It might be awesome and it might be crap.The problem is it likely won't be until after this season that we see how cars are living with it long term.
I am in a bad position right now as want to get my car running and go with a non ajustable setup.The cartech is pretty good but has a bit more pedal pressure than I like,possibly due to having a mcleod master in there.
I am like your torn between textralia and the ls7.The ls7 is reasonable price ,the tex a bit more but it does come with flywheel.
I think am going with textralia but planning on big turbo with 600rwhp or so.

Quick Reply: LS7 clutch/LS2 flywheel w/ D1SC Procharger