Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch still sticking to floor, STILL!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch still sticking to floor, STILL!

ok here is the deal i have an 00 ws6 and had done the drill mod to my stock m/c and what not still had the problem which it was probably because it was not bled right. Anyways i take it to GM cus i have an extended warranty and they replace it with an the 02 setup (02 master and slave cylinders) so all is good no sticking wait a weeek or so one day i go to pull out of the garage and it will not go into gear but the clutch has all feel??!?!

Take it back to the dealership and on the way there it is almost impossible to shift. (And the night before this happened i heard like a metal clinging noise coming from the tranny when the car was moving or stopped for only a short period of time till all of the sudden it quit doing it.) so i get it there and the next day they call me back saying we didnt find nothing but a lil bit of air in the system.. ok i take it home and all is good, drives fine and what not. so i decided to put it to the test and pratice my launches from a dead stop so i got out and try it with HIGH RPM shifts and all and by the time i get to 4th gear i can feel the clutch gettin sticky and wanting to stick to the floor, and it did and not allowing me to go into fourth gear.

So i call up jason at TDP and he says i probably have air in my lines and he told me NOT to do the drill mod so i take the mity vac to the master and bleed it like it says on forums.
1. stick mity vac with lil nozzle into the resvior

2.pump to 22psi

3.let sit for a couple mins, and pull out not letting the resvior run dry.

So finally after bleeding it and it still doing it i take it to JAson at TDP and he pressure bleeds it making 100% sure there is no air in the lines, so i drive it around and it seems to be better it now lets me into 4th but not to easy.

Jason told me that i could of fryed my slave cylinder by using the mity vac to 22 psi is this true?

I am really tired of this happening and am getting frustrated, let me know your opions and what not
Thanks!
Old 03-01-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curious why he said NOT to do the drill mod??
Old 03-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Banned

he said it will help with shifiting but will not fix the problem?!? dont knw i. i always thougth it was a good thing
Old 03-01-2006, 11:36 PM
11 Second Club

only fix is to replace the gm z06 pressure plate with after market (ram,tex,spec,etc). been there done that.
i did the same, bleed, etc. then replaced master cyl, clutch, slave, but not pressure plate. got 57 runs with prototype 3 button corbonic clutch 1.70's 60' but 5 of the runs the clutch went to floor. Ive even gone the the point of remote clutch bleeder line i made. now i have ram setup with pressure plate and problem solved. it's the stock z06 pressure plate, throw it away.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

The GTO comes with the ZO6 clutch. Why is it that the pressure plate in Fbodies sucks but the same pressure plate has caused very few (have heard of one) issues in the GTO. Maybe the pressure plate is simply a snob and only likes the GTO or Vettes.

Galen
Old 03-02-2006, 07:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Galen
The GTO comes with the ZO6 clutch. Why is it that the pressure plate in Fbodies sucks but the same pressure plate has caused very few (have heard of one) issues in the GTO. Maybe the pressure plate is simply a snob and only likes the GTO or Vettes.

Galen
you are correct about gto using same setup, if gto's could run in the 12's stock they may also have the same problem. could it be gto's are so slow they don't put much strain on pressure plate. any of the gto's you runnin with get close to low 13's stock ? just my 2-cents. snob how old are you
Old 03-02-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02BLK-SS
only fix is to replace the gm z06 pressure plate with after market (ram,tex,spec,etc). been there done that.
i did the same, bleed, etc. then replaced master cyl, clutch, slave, but not pressure plate. got 57 runs with prototype 3 button corbonic clutch 1.70's 60' but 5 of the runs the clutch went to floor. Ive even gone the the point of remote clutch bleeder line i made. now i have ram setup with pressure plate and problem solved. it's the stock z06 pressure plate, throw it away.

I think the problem might be different for everyone. My clutch didn't start sticking until after installing uncoated headers. I don't see how this would have anything to do with the pressure plate. Leads me to believe it may have something to do with the fluid in the master-slave line heating up.......at least in my case.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Banned

yeah my friends 02 ss is basically stock with a hooker cat back and lid, and his clutch is fine and has yet to stick?
Old 03-03-2006, 03:22 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02BLK-SS
you are correct about gto using same setup, if gto's could run in the 12's stock they may also have the same problem. could it be gto's are so slow they don't put much strain on pressure plate. any of the gto's you runnin with get close to low 13's stock ? just my 2-cents. snob how old are you
Well, mine is running 12.82 in the quarter off the gas at 110 and on the gas I trap 120 running out of gear at around the 1250 mark. You tell me, heavier car running faster than yours, who is abusing it more. While my 04 isn't quite stock, I know of at least one 05 M6 that has run 13.008 at 109.xx bone assed stock on stock tires.

I was pointing out that this problem seems to only apply to Fbodies and not the other vehicles that use the same clutch/pressure plate. This would lead me to conclude that the problem lies in the parts of the system not shared with the other platforms...but I reckon that logic didn't register with you. I personally think it is a problem with the hydraulic systems in the vehicles.

Galen

P.S. I am 37 and if I wrecked my goat tomorrow, I would have a LS1 Formula in my driveway by the end of the next week.