Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

McLeod Bellhousing probelm

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default McLeod Bellhousing probelm

I just went to install my new bellhouseing and ran into a problem. I dont have headers or y-pipe and the engine plate and bellhouseing hit the driverside cat. Its where the extra starter hole extends from the bellhouseing.

Anybody else have this problem? I know most people have this stuff when they need one of these but I never thought I would have this problem.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by n2ojunkie
I just went to install my new bellhouseing and ran into a problem. I dont have headers or y-pipe and the engine plate and bellhouseing hit the driverside cat. Its where the extra starter hole extends from the bellhouseing.

Anybody else have this problem? I know most people have this stuff when they need one of these but I never thought I would have this problem.
Are you trying to install it with the transmission attached? I noticed the other day that I could not get mine out with the bellhousing still attached and I have Kooks longtubes. It was hitting the top side of the transmission tunnel as well. I hope this helps. I don't know anything about the cats being in the way.

Kevin
Old 03-11-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

No. I was just trying to test fit it before all the grinding I need to do. The starter hole on the driverside was hitting the cat pretty hard, I couldnt even grind it a little to make it fit.

I guess I was just letting everybody know. Make sure you atleast have a aftermarket y-pipe.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks.. But if you get someone to help you, maybe you can pry downward on the Y-pipe or something, just enough to slip it in there??? Good luck.

Kevin
Old 03-12-2006, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Na it wont work at all. Gotta get a new y pipe or just go ahead and get good headers and ypipe.

Quick Reply: McLeod Bellhousing probelm